IGNORED

Question on Brake pads

star4772

If its the ones on Ebay From "THE EXTREME SHOP MOTOS" I personnaly don't recomend them. It took almost a month to get them. Once on the bike The back pads lasted a little over 1000 miles. The ones I pulled off, before I put Extreme shop on, were the EBC FA123 HH they had about 12000 miles.

\Might give these guys a try. http://www.accwhse.com/This I went back to the EBC FA123 HH that I order from Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse. Have about 8000 miles on these and still almost half the pad left.

Just my :2cents:.

If its the ones on Ebay From "THE EXTREME SHOP MOTOS" I personnaly don't recomend them. It took almost a month to get them. Once on the bike The back pads lasted a little over 1000 miles. The ones I pulled off, before I put Extreme shop on, were the EBC FA123 HH they had about 12000 miles.

\Might give these guys a try. http://www.accwhse.com/This I went back to the EBC FA123 HH that I order from Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse. Have about 8000 miles on these and still almost half the pad left.

Just my :2cents:.

Yep those are the one's. Thanks for the info I will check out the other web site.

2 Gen

EBC HH Pads. The only ones I will use.

Rear: EBC (HH for heat) (Part number) FA123HH $23.88

Front EBC (Part number) FA179HH $21.48

From Zanotti

https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html

Check out other threads

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=15799

Go to search and type in break pads and all kinds of stuff comes up.

:happy34: AL

2 Gen

EBC HH Pads. The only ones I will use.

Rear: EBC (HH for heat) (Part number) FA124HH $23.88

Front EBC (Part number) FA123 $21.48

From Zanotti

https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html

Check out other threads

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=15799

Go to search and type in break pads and all kinds of stuff comes up.

:happy34: AL

Thanks Al just ordered from Zanotti.

This is just a suggestion...I haven't tried it. We all know the RSV rear brakes lock up and skid WAY to easy. So maybe if you use the EBC Kevlar brake pads on the rear, instead of the HH (high friction), it might be easier to avoid rear brake lockup. The EBC Kevlar pads for the rear are FA123 (without the "HH"). I use the EBC Kevlar pads on my 1st gen to avoid ruining the hard to get rotors. The Kevlar brake pads have less initial "grab", but still have good braking power.

This is what I come up with when checking on the pads at Zanotti. The price is good but the shipping is a killer! I can buy them all day long around here for $35 and if I go to the local mechanic/accessory shop I can buy them for about 30 bucks. I don't see a savings here. :confused24:

Items in shopping cart: 1 FA123HH ( Quantity 1 * Price23.88) $ 23.88 Shipping is $11.46 Total $35.34

So you need a banana spit, not a single scoop ice cream cone............ Sounds like high labour rates for this group...............

:rotf::rotf:

hey now i like a good banana split but i would have to pass on it if offered a banana spit but hey thats just me:banana:

• 3 months later...

I know this is an older thread but I have acouple of ?'s. I am getting ready to order some brake pads so I can replace mine soon and want to make sure that I get the right ones.

I was looking at the ebc catalog at cyclebrakes.com and according to the catalog the parts #'s for a 2007 venture are as follows:

front pads = FA179 or F179 hh

rear pads = FA123 or FA 123HH

This does not seem to agree with what was posted earlier in this thread, I just want make sure that I get the right pads. Thanks.

I know this is an older thread but I have acouple of ?'s. I am getting ready to order some brake pads so I can replace mine soon and want to make sure that I get the right ones.

I was looking at the ebc catalog at cyclebrakes.com and according to the catalog the parts #'s for a 2007 venture are as follows:

This does not seem to agree with what was posted earlier in this thread, I just want make sure that I get the right pads. Thanks.

I would suggest the FA179HH for the front and FA 123 for the rear.

HH is a sintered Friction Material with very good Brake Performance. The Pads without HH are standard organic Material and not so strong as HH. But with the rear Brake Setup of the 2Gens it might be a good Idea to use not such extra byting Pads.

• 2 weeks later...
I use Bendix brake pads on rear to keep rear wheel lockup to a minimal. Part number is MA 113. You can get them at advance auto parts for about $17 a set.

tew47

Gene, do you have the Advance part #? I tried to get a set at and AA here in Richmond today and they said that part # goes to a filter. They also tried looking up the pads for the bike and it showed they couldn't get them. Ha ve you tried pep boys or autozone before, sure would like to find them for around $17 instead $30.

Nathan, you are right. I correct the post. Sorry about the type-o.

Thanks, AL :confused24: