Black Owl

Well folks, the days are just flying by, and Cody will be upon us sooner than any of us can realize.

SO, here's a serious question.

How many plan on taking part in the Chili Challange?

We need to know soon as there are sdministrative issues that need to be taken care of to make sure that the participants will have the equipment they need to cook up their challange.

:mytruck:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Teri n I are not afraid to cook CHILI... spelled correctly? See they evun have schools in Idaho and they even teach us when we kin come but sumtimes we gotta pick them spuds in them there mountains insted of goin to them schools they have.

We don't have much room in the trailer for chili fix'n supplies, pots and such so if'n you have them there we will most certainly enjoy an opportunity to build our brand of CHILI.

:stirthepot:

Mr. Owl now didn't this chili competition get you trouble the last time, when you were a betting man. :think:

:rotf:

That goes back a few years a lot less members, eh ! :innocent:

Brad

Well, this time I'm going to make sure we have a set of honest judges that will honor the bribes..:duck::duck::duck:

This morning I got an e-mail from Owl - sneaky, buddy - asking about some basic rules for this Chili Slapdown!?!! :no-no-no: So, to make the playing feild level - and everyone is free to chime in - here are some basic rules:

1. PYROTECHNICS - No chili contestant may discharge firearms or use any pyrotechnics or explosives at a chili cookoff. Contestants discharging firearms and/or using explosives or other pyrotechnics will be disqualified from the chili cookoff.
  2. COOKS MAY HAVE TO TASTE THEIR CHILI - At the discretion of the head judge, chili cooks may be required to remove the lids and taste their chili before turning in for judging. (If a contestant refuses, his or her chili will be disqualified.)
  3. You can be as creative as you want in attracting the crowd and getting votes.

:dancefool:
    Alcoholic beverages may not be distributed to the guests as part of the Showmanship :no-no-no:

4. Nudity and lewdness is banned from showmanship.

:doh: Have fun with it as best you can with your clothes on.

5. All registered teams are encouraged to ridicule and otherwise harass other teams in an attempt to make them cry.

:crying:

6. People's Choice may contain beans or other fillers. (but no dirt)

:think:

7. No team - or cook - will start preparation or cooking before the official signal to start.

:no-no-no: Beer drinking may begin at any time.

8. CHILI WILL BE BLIND JUDGED, BY A PANEL OF ESTEEMED JUDGES BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:

AROMA- CHILI SHOULD SMELL APPETIZING
    CONSISTENCY- CHILI SHOULD BE A SMOOTH COMBINATION
    RED COLOR- CHILI SHOULD LOOK APPETIZING
    TASTE- CHILI SHOULD TASTE GOOD

9. Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!!! There will be a trophy awarded at the banquet - all forms of bribes will be accepted by the judges!!

:mo money: :dancefool: :rotf: :stirthepot:

Nudity and lewdness is banned from showmanship.

:doh: Have fun with it as best you can with your clothes on.

Thank you for this rule ( Sorry Condor). I just don't want to have the image of Russell stuck in my head. At sometime in the future I may be struck with Alzheimers and this would be the one thing I'd remember. Oh, the pain and torture...LOL

Dave

Guess I shoulda been more pacific in asking about rules.

Just wanted to know if the bribes had to be cash or if checks would work....

Now they done gone and throwed the no lewd and/or nefarious activies prohibition into the game.... :crying:

and I still don't know if the judge(s) wants cash. :bang head:

Hold on here a minute... these rules came out after we signed up...

Distributing beer to potential judges and chili lovers is included in the recipe.. I guess we could call it Idaho kool aid...nothing in the rules bout that.

On the other hand if there would be enough interest we could do fish tacos... we actually had a fish taco cart for a season and had allot of fun with it. We have a mind blowing salsa that we do with the tacos and anyone who has had them will tell you they are fantastic and they go with chili and beer very well... just say'n!:confused24:

Guess I shoulda been more pacific in asking about rules.

and I still don't know if the judge(s) wants cash. :bang head:

Each judge will have his or her own set of ideas for a bribe! AND, since there will be no badges or other designations showing who the judges will be.....................:dancefool:

NOW, about them Fish Taco's getting added to this menu - this is getting good!!!!:stirthepot:

Hold on here a minute... these rules came out after we signed up...

Distributing beer to potential judges and chili lovers is included in the recipe.. I guess we could call it Idaho kool aid...nothing in the rules bout that.

On the other hand if there would be enough interest we could do fish tacos... we actually had a fish taco cart for a season and had allot of fun with it. We have a mind blowing salsa that we do with the tacos and anyone who has had them will tell you they are fantastic and they go with chili and beer very well... just say'n!:confused24:

Drool.....!!!!!!!! http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_TN/0093-0705-3020-1054_TN.jpg

:bang head: Hey... the mountain man is already cheating by offering fish tacos and Cody Cool Aid.... :no-no-no: next thing you know he's going to be handing out hand rolled cigars... :rotfl:

:bang head: Hey... the mountain man is already cheating by offering fish tacos and Cody Cool Aid.... :no-no-no: next thing you know he's going to be handing out hand rolled cigars... :rotfl:

So...bribing with cigars...now THAT'S an idea! Erv and I could whip up some mean fish tacos,:witch_brew: exceptional salsa and we could pass out fine, cold, barley-based beverages...but that is seen as bribery yet cash is not? Hmmmm....fish tacos and burritos it is then...oh, and the occasional Idaho Cigar..:no-no-no:.no cheating...just good business! :1hotsht: Teri - the redhead of Pakidaho

Hey, Condor, good thing we haven't bought the awards yet - this COULD get interesting - heehee. :stirthepot:

Yeah, I'm thinking that if anyone wanted to bring some buffalo wings, or slaw, or potato salad, or those cute little cocktail links.... :) I bet they wouldn't be turned away.... However.... trophy's only for the Chilli King... or Queen..

http://www.featurepics.com/FI/Thumb300/20090123/Cartoon-Mexican-Chilli-Lasso-1051311.jpg

I'm packing my spoon. Don't need no bowl.... :group cheers:

NO NUDITY?? WHAT KIND OF A RULE IS THAT??? :whistling:

Don't want to cause mass suicide, from anyone seeing Russ with his shirt off..... :bang head:

Are you willing to risk, your sight & what is left of your sanity, from seeing him shirtless. :stickpoke:

This morning I got an e-mail from Owl - sneaky, buddy - asking about some basic rules for this Chili Slapdown!?!! :no-no-no: So, to make the playing feild level - and everyone is free to chime in - here are some basic rules:
  1. PYROTECHNICS - No chili contestant may discharge firearms or use any pyrotechnics or explosives at a chili cookoff. Contestants discharging firearms and/or using explosives or other pyrotechnics will be disqualified from the chili cookoff.
  2. COOKS MAY HAVE TO TASTE THEIR CHILI - At the discretion of the head judge, chili cooks may be required to remove the lids and taste their chili before turning in for judging. (If a contestant refuses, his or her chili will be disqualified.)
  3. You can be as creative as you want in attracting the crowd and getting votes.

:dancefool:

Alcoholic beverages may not be distributed to the guests as part of the Showmanship

:no-no-no:

4. Nudity and lewdness is banned from showmanship. :doh: Have fun with it as best you can with your clothes on.

5. All registered teams are encouraged to ridicule and otherwise harass other teams in an attempt to make them cry.

:crying:

6. People's Choice may contain beans or other fillers. (but no dirt)
  7. :think:

•  

• No team - or cook - will start preparation or cooking before the official signal to start.

:no-no-no: Beer drinking may begin at any time.

• CHILI WILL BE BLIND JUDGED, BY A PANEL OF ESTEEMED JUDGES BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:

AROMA- CHILI SHOULD SMELL APPETIZING
    CONSISTENCY- CHILI SHOULD BE A SMOOTH COMBINATION
    RED COLOR- CHILI SHOULD LOOK APPETIZING
    TASTE- CHILI SHOULD TASTE GOOD

• Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!!! There will be a trophy awarded at the banquet - all forms of bribes will be accepted by the judges!!

:mo money: :dancefool: :rotf: :stirthepot:

•  

Just cuz everyone expects me to play fair (dream on) thought I should at least create a public perception that I'm following the rules.

I note that rule 9 states that all forms of bribes will be accepted by the judges. May I take this to mean that I can bribe all the judges? Do all judges have to be bribed equally? And finally, can you shoot me the names of the esteemed (ysh, right) judges so I can figure out that it going to cost me to win this contest fair and square