IGNORED

Where is the ignition "pressure sensor"?

I sync'd my carbs and just for grins before I put the pressure sensor line back on the left front cylinder, I grabbed my vaccum pump, connected it to the hose, and tried to pump a vaccum. I've got a leak in this line or the sensor itself. Does anybody know where the sensor is (89 Royale)? The logical place is next to the TCI unit, but that's just a guess and it'd be nice to know where it is before I start taking more apart.

Frank D.

It is mounted to the same bracket as the TCI is on. Left side and rear of TCI.

Should be no leaks obviously. Could be a damaged line or the plastic connector that transitions from the carb side vacuum line size to the sensor side vacuum line. This is a small gray connector.

Picture shows this connector in hoses.

Gary

I inspected the small (3"long) length of hose between the coupler and the carb. port and found that it had cracked. I replaced it and "poof" I can pump up the vacuum just fine now. Now when you run the motor at about 3Krpm and pump up the vacuum, the RPMs shoot way up. I'll bet this will make quite a bit of difference in my gas mileage (which wasn't too bad anyway).

Thanks Gary for your input, but I was glad I didn't have to go to the sensor to cure the problem.

Frank D.