IGNORED

HAd a chance to work on and ride a full dress

muaymendez1

My buddy brought his bike over to me to complete some work.

bleed and replace and upgrade clutch, clean and synch carbs, adjust valves and replace valve cover gaskets. install a stebel horn and find out why his 12 v soket is not working.

most is done. i need to remove the tank again because I know I forgot to reinstall tovacuum lines on the carb, they may be vent lines. need to find out how to make a bracket for the stebel horn and where the fuse is for the accersory plug.

his is the 99 venture.

First off the bike feel considerably heavier.Seems to have a slight bit more grunt but doesnt pull like my 96 tc. I really enjoyed the radio system and decided that i do not like the handle bar risers.

Great arm position until it was time for a u turn and my elbow kept jabbing me in the tummy. had to make it llike an unexperience K turner.

One of the fuse blocks is under the side cover on the left side of the bike. I dont recall right off my head what fuses are in there. The 2nd fuse block is under the right side lower (if my memory serves me right) and I believe the fuse to the 12 volt plug is under there. Another thing to remember is that the 12 volt plug is only a couple amp fuse, 5 amps I believe. You can't use something in it that sucks the juice or it will blow consistantly.

Appreciate the help. thank you. Why would they put such a small fuse. Do you think rewiring to a thicker guage wire and a 10 amp fuse would damage something.Or wire it straight from the battery witha relay to switch power on with acc .

Do you think rewiring to a thicker guage wire and a 10 amp fuse would damage something.Or wire it straight from the battery witha relay to switch power on with acc .

You could do that, but I would make sure that the receptacle could handle the extra current. I would definitely go with a larger fused wire from the battery and run it into a relay where you could switch the power. That way you could run a small tire pump or such off it.