IGNORED

Flag Question

Reddog170

When hanging an American Flag horizontal what is the proper manner for it to hang? I just started a new job and this is the first thing I notice when I walk in. The stars are on the south side of the flag, just looks wrong to me. Also the Iowa Flag is on the south side so if they were to be turned so they are hanging like on a pole then either the Iowa flag or the American flag will be upside down, yes they face opposite directions. Now the Manager is willing to change but I have to show some proof that they are hanging wrong. I can get a picture when I go in tomorrow. Thank You, Shaun

This is one of my personal pet peeves. I have corrected the hanging of the flag at the school I work at multiple times, at multiple businesses and several public locations.

Had to send this same info to our media director several years ago when he continued to display flag with field on the right from the back wall on out TV set. He wanted to argue... I was willing.

Thank you for bringing it to question. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Good for you for noticing and correcting. I often stop at or call places that are flying tattered flags (my pet peeve) and remind them that they need changing / retirement. Even my daughters have taken it up as a cause, we were in the grocery store recently and while I was looking at the weekly specials, I heard my youngest tell the manager at the service desk that their flag was torn and they needed to get a new one. Kids, they really are listening... who knew.

The flag is one of those things I notice right off the bat. When I looked at this one it just hit me as being wrong. I talked to the manager and he had said there was a lot of discussion about it but nobody was sure how it was supposed to be. I bit my tongue as I was there to get a job but they are right across from the Military services center, you would think that someone could have walked over and asked.

My other bitter pet peeve is seeing a flag flying at night without a light. Shaun