I need to order the small plates and screws that hold the power plugs in place for the AM-FM radio for my 89 VR. They are screwed into the bottom of the tray where the radio goes on the left side. I tried looking in the parts drawing on Bike Bandit but couldn't find them. Can someone provide me with the part numbers for the two mounting plates and the screws? And are the parts still available from a Yama dealer? The photo is from an '83 but I need the part numbers for a '89 Venture Royale. Thanks for any help.

Jim

I need to order the small plates and screws that hold the power plugs in place for the AM-FM radio for my 89 VR. They are screwed into the bottom of the tray where the radio goes on the left side. I tried looking in the parts drawing on Bike Bandit but couldn't find them. Can someone provide me with the part numbers for the two mounting plates and the screws? And are the parts still available from a Yama dealer? The photo is from an '83 but I need the part numbers for a '89 Venture Royale. Thanks for any help.

Jim

SCREW,PAN HEAD 98580-03008-00, Qty 4 each.

WASHER(3SX) 92907-03600-00, Qty 4 each

Have not found the plates.

Bob:

They are a separate part. They are for the 89 VR that I bought. I took the bike apart, to paint the plastic body panels and found the parts are missing. The radio didn't have a very good connection and the display on the face of the radio didn't work when I bought the bike. I was going to replace the radio but found out the plugs were not in securely and when I put the connectors together, the radio now works perfectly. The metal plates hold the plug in the right plane to match the mounted plug on the bottom of the radio. The plugs need to be mounted securely in place to match the plug in the bottom of the radio and cassette deck.

Jim

Bob:

They are a separate part. They are for the 89 VR that I bought. I took the bike apart, to paint the plastic body panels and found the parts are missing.

Jim

But they are not listed seperately, so you will need to get them from some parts bike, or make new ones. Probably quicker, to make new ones, yourself.