IGNORED

Too far to Freebird's Maintenance Day?

Freebird

Are you you too far away to make it to my Maintenance Day? Well let's see...I've had members attend from as far as Texas, Louisiana, Florida...heck....even from as far away as Iceland and Australia so how can you POSSIBLY be too far away. :)

It's really easy...just straddle that scoot and point it towards Ohio. Nothing to it.

COWBOY UP and come on over. :thumbsup2:

Edited by Eck
Speling error in Thread title: (Was: To for), (IS: To far)

Are you you too far away to make it to my Maintenance Day? Well let's see...I've had members attend from as far as Texas, Louisiana, Florida...heck....even from as far away as Iceland and Australia so how can you POSSIBLY be too far away. :)

It's really easy...just straddle that scoot and point it towards Ohio. Nothing to it.

Yea--Last year I showed up on Fri for 3 hours. 2 hour ride their --3 hrs visiting--2 hr ride home. Told the wife I was going to McDonalds for breakfast. :rotf::crackup:Its that fun :thumbsup2:

That's funny. In 1998 I was camping at Glencoe at Sturgis. There was a guy camping next to me that was on the phone with his wife in Texas. He walked over and said "WOW...she is MAD". He just couldn't understand why she was upset. Apparently she was at work and his friend stopped by and asked him if he wanted to go to Sturgis...he said "sure" and took off. he said "I left her a note on the kitchen table so it's not like I didn't tell her". :)

Just think of all the wonderful folks you'd get to meet. We have our amazing and beautiful hostess Eileen (oh yeah and her hubby Freebird) Plus all the folks you get to see post on the site.And this year you'd get to meet Annie and Allen from Oz.

Margaret

Rode 917 miles last year in about 15 hours . Had a ball. Plan to do it again this year, but will probably break it down to a 2 day ride. This year I'll have my photographer(wife) on the back seat with me. She bought a new camera and wants lots of pics!!!!!

The distance is not the problem its the $$ and vacation time needed to get there and back home.

Getting home wouldn't be the problem. Just stay at Don's ! Sounds like he'd put you up for a few months ! Haven't met him yet... but I'm sure he wouldn't mind ! He'd just be happy you made it there

Getting home wouldn't be the problem. Just stay at Don's ! Sounds like he'd put you up for a few months ! Haven't met him yet... but I'm sure he wouldn't mind ! He'd just be happy you made it there

Heck, thats what I plan to do !! :fnd_(16):

Edited by BIG TOM

If I was coming id bring Tom some Working Cow ice cream. He'd love it so much he would be forced to move to Florida and sit on the beach eating it. One stand in Flagler Beach is just steps away from the ocean.

I sure do wish that I could have made it this year. We have the week off and had planned to attend but I just cant hold up the bike right now and any long distance driving in the cage is out of the question. I cant sit still for too long. There's always next year....

If I was coming id bring Tom some Working Cow ice cream. He'd love it so much he would be forced to move to Florida and sit on the beach eating it. One stand in Flagler Beach is just steps away from the ocean.

I sure do wish that I could have made it this year. We have the week off and had planned to attend but I just cant hold up the bike right now and any long distance driving in the cage is out of the question. I cant sit still for too long. There's always next year....

Florida is not an ice cream state....Its a gator meat state.............yummmmmm fresh gator :bowdown: :fnd_(16):

Florida is not an ice cream state....Its a gator meat state.............yummmmmm fresh gator :bowdown: :fnd_(16):

Ya Big Tom, like you said yummmmm. I would like to try some gator too. Maybe some of these good folks could bring some frozen gator and we could try it on the grill. They say it taste like fried chicken, and I love fried chicken......

Fuzzy ; (my nickname since I was a young feller,derived from my last name, Fultz - it was first Fultzy then turned into Fuzzy.):confused24:

mmmmm only 2500 miles each way. Think the wife will fall for the going for ice cream dear ? I understand Big Tom has some good ice cream showing up.... but not sure it will fly at this end.

No not me , I 'm just a participant...Hummingbird is the ice cream supplier..... :fnd_(16):

No not me , I 'm just a participant...Hummingbird is the ice cream supplier..... :fnd_(16):

yep - home-made ice cream in Vanilla, Chocolate, Reeses Peanut Butter Cup and Black Cherry. That's the 4 flavors for MD

I have a friend that has been making it for years. He uses a one lung John Deere hit/miss mounted on a stainless trailer. For the last 12 years we've have participated in a fall festival locally and have been forced to camp right beside him while he makes and sells ice cream.

Being the nice neighbor and friend, I force myself to sample all the 'new' flavors he invents as well as any batches that get done when I 'might' be nearby and not busy.

It's really a difficult task but what are friends for ?? :innocent-emoticon:

Being the nice neighbor and friend, I force myself to sample all the 'new' flavors he invents as well as any batches that get done when I 'might' be nearby and not busy.

It's really a difficult task but what are friends for ?? :innocent-emoticon:

Wow what a good friend and neighbor you must be with that sort of sacrifice. Hope he appreciates you. :)Not many would do all that for anyone.

Margaret

Wow what a good friend and neighbor you must be with that sort of sacrifice. Hope he appreciates you. :)Not many would do all that for anyone.

Margaret

I don't know how much longer I can continue - I'm running out of belt to hold my jeans up. :bang head:

good thing I don't wear a thong :rotfl:

Hmmmm?? 2400 miles = 4X600 mile days to get there, plus another 4X600 mile days to get back, plus $500 bucks in fuel. For 3 days to BS and eat free ice cream??

If I were closer I'd be there, however I think I'll really 'Cowboy Up' and go to the CODY Dairy Queen..... :big-grin-emoticon: