IGNORED

Roundabouts - Be very careful!

Bwhite

In theory they are a good idea. In reality they scare the crap out of me. Seems like they make the diameter of the things way too small. Where I grew up a number of communities have what is essentially a large round about circling a park in the town center. Those seem to work pretty well, but are several hundred feet in diameter.

This morning on the drive in I heard a local one was closed because a semi had rolled in it. I'd never thought about trying to drag a 53' trailer through one of the bottle cap sized ones we have around here.........

thank you sailer i now feel better i to got into a mess in the dam london round abouts good to know i was not a lone:confused24::confused24:

It is also interesting to drive in a roundabout that has has a machinegun nest, protecting the statue in the center of it. :2cents:

Grump, you should remember the "Billy, the bomber" statue in Nicosia, not too far from Ledra Palace.

They are to small here. Road tractors (semi's) ride the outside curb with the tractor and the inside curb with the trailer. Too many things going on in them at once for me. People just run around them with a signal on the dart off wherever they can :confused07: . They put on in Bowling Green Mo and it is an industrial area that is heavy with semi's traffic. Also heavy with horse and buggy traffic from the Amesh. Toss in the part about the new Walmart next to it and you have a recipe for disaster. So far it has not worked as they thought it would :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

I hate them too, today coming home a big Homeland Security SUV pulled right out in front of me after making eye contact and I was in a fairly deep lean at 25 mph (due to the traffic circle). It was shaking for a second and the idiot never even paused. I could have used some of Boomer's Pygmies.