IGNORED

Accident in cut and shoot

Eldermo

Read all three articles found on internet, and none of them list any names of the riders who were killed..

What are thier names and what article can you post for us containing thier names?

These are the only two reports I can find on the fatalities...

State Highway 105 between Willis Waukegan and FM 1484 is closed. The small amount of rain we had brought the oils out on the road. It appears a pickup truck slid crossing the center line striking a group of motorcycles head on. There are two fatalities. It will be closed for several hours.

The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating a double fatality crash in Montgomery County this evening, officials said.

According to the DPS officials, two motorcycle riders were killed about 6:15 p.m. Wednesday when they were struck near Cut and Shoot by someone in a pickup truck.

They were hit while riding with a larger group of motorcyclists near State Highway 105 near Willis Waukegan Road. It wasn't immediately known if any of the other riders were hurt, DPS officials said.

The investigation is continuing to determine what caused the pickup to hit the motorcycle riders.

The road is expected to be closed for several more hours, DPS officials said.

That is not what you want to hear when you start your day. Member or not it is always a sad day to hear of another rider going down and even sadder when they do not live through it. I will keep there families in my prayers. Shaun

Just read about this on the STAR Touring website - the couple that passed away Tammy and Allen Hayes, Louisiana State Ambassadors. They, along with many others, were on their way to the Texas STAR BQ. While I didn't know Allen - aka Rajun Cajun - I had always enjoyed his posts on their site for many years, and seemed like folks who would genuinely assist anyone - anytime.

R.I.P. - Tammy and Allen - prayers go out to the Hayes family.

Just read about this on the STAR Touring website - the couple that passed away Tammy and Allen Hayes, Louisiana State Ambassadors. They, along with many others, were on their way to the Texas STAR BQ. While I didn't know Allen - aka Rajun Cajun - I had always enjoyed his posts on their site for many years, and seemed like folks who would genuinely assist anyone - anytime.

R.I.P. - Tammy and Allen - prayers go out to the Hayes family.

Glad to hear that you found out who they where. So sad to hear this kinda news. Our prayers for the family. This also brings to mind about the importance of knowing what the weather can do to the roadways. I work for the Ky State Hwy Dept. and see this kinda stuff a lot. Please always be aware of the road conditions. I sat my daughter down several times when she began to drive and warned her many times of different road conditions, for all the seasons. Please be careful and if you don't understand the road conditions, then ask someone who has ridden or driven a lot. It may safe your life, or some one else.:backinmyday:

I know Allen and Tammy. I joined them for a few years in Chapter 217 of Star Touring in Lafayette Louisiana. Went with them to several IMC Shows in Houston, TX. They have been GREAT friends. Very caring, and also very careful on the bike. They were members of many organizations such as Toys of Tots. Allen was the State Director of Star Touring in Louisiana. He and Tammy helped start quiet a few chapters both LA and MS. I have not talked to them in a couple months and was very upset to hear this, its like lossing a family member. It just so close to home by knowing them and knowing what kinda good hearted people they where.

http://www.startouring.org/chapter217/star.htm

:(

man, i hate hearing this!! i meet him at '02 star days i think and i bought a few items from him. plan a few times to go visit him but never got to. he was 1 of a few that real made me feel welcome at the rally. we talked about all that good cajan food and eating in general. you could tell right off he was a layed-back type of guy you could be around and enjoy the time with them. all our thoughts and prayers are going out to all effected by this.