IGNORED

Where do you buy your tires?

BigD

I'm looking at replaceing my front tire with an E'3. I'm running an Avon on the back now, will this cause any problems? :think: Also, where do you guys buy your tires? Thanks for help.

I'm looking at replaceing my front tire with an E'3. I'm running an Avon on the back now, will this cause any problems? :think: Also, where do you guys buy your tires? Thanks for help.

I would not expect that combination to cause any problems. Personally, I am going the other way - an E3 on the rear and an Venom on the front. I currently have E3s front and rear, and I have really grown to hate the E3 front tire. It did not last near as long as my Venom front tires have, it has cupped a lot, and it did not retain a good rounded profile like the Venoms always have. The result, now that the front E3 is down to the last 1/4 of its life, is that it is beginning to handle very similar to one of the HORRIBLE stock Brickstone Excedra front tires! YECH!@!!

I generally buy tires from either Motorcycle Superstore, Southwest Moto Tires, or Jake Wilson, whichever is cheapest a the time.

Goose

+1 for Jake Wilson...they always seem to have the lowest prices, and their delivery is phenomenol.

I ordered a tire on Monday, and it was on my doorstep Tuesday....with FREE shipping.

Can't complain about that!

Just got my e 3 from the motorcycle super store, price was about right and the shipping was free,got the tire in 2 days. the link is at the top of the page.

Ditto that! Good deal and free shipping!

Motorcycle Superstore for me.

I have put Bridgestone Spitfire II on the VR and the Triple ... and been very happy with them.

There is a local guy who will change and dynamic balance them for $20.

No complaints.

Local dealer (Pioneer Motorsports) for the convenience, and ventureriders get 15% (sometimes better) discount.

As far as matching the tires, like Goose said, their tread patterns are similar so there should be no real problem with them as a combination. Some tread deasigns should be never mixed and matched, just like do not put bias ply on one tire and radial on the other. Most matchups are hardly noticeable unless you are a purist and can feel the slightest variation...

• 3 weeks later...

I bought Venom X's AM41/42 from Amazon (Motorcycle Superstore). My prev set of the same have 20,000 miles on them so far and still have at least ~2k left on them. Have worn VERY evenly. Using thr H in the front and HB in the rear. Pull a trailer a fair bit too. Love these.

'03 RSV

I've always done business with SW Moto for my tires. The last purchase did not go so well. Only took a few days, three at most to get them to my door in the past. This time it took ten days to even get a response from them via e-mail and won't receive the tires until after Memorial Day. They were ordered on the 17th of May.

Time to move on to a new supplier. When CS goes south, my business moves to the next guy.

My :2cents:

Bought my Elite 3 for the rear from South West Moto last fall. Bought the Elite 3 for the front at Pioneer Motorsports by phone yesterday and they are bringing it to MD for me. Very satisfied with price from Pioneer Motorsports.

I've been running the E3 on the rear with a Avon on the front since last fall and had no problems.