IGNORED

Good reason to run from the Police I guess.

Snaggletooth

http://www.ketv.com/images/structures/buttons/button_enlarge.gif

http://www.ketv.com/2011/0418/27586748_240X180.jpg

OMAHA, Neb. -- A 22-year-old faces charges in two states after a chase that reached speeds of 120 mph Monday.

Iowa State Patrol troopers said they tried to stop Justin Mandina for going 72 mph in a 55 mph zone as he rode a motorcycle north on Interstate 29.

Mandina turned around at Ninth Avenue and continued south on to Interstate 80. As officers followed him west on I-80, authorities said the chase reached speeds of 120 mph.

The Iowa State Patrol had just called off the chase as they crossed into Nebraska when Mandina lost control of the bike and flipped it several times near the 13th Street exit ramp.

Mandina was taken to Creighton University Medical Center, but he was alert and standing after the crash, according to authorities.

Mandina told the state patrol he took off because he didn't have a motorcycle license or insurance. He now faces several charges in Iowa and Nebraska.

Kid is lucky to be in one piece. Must of had enough sense to wear some protective gear at least. I run this stretch of road every day and see these kids blasting through traffic on a way too regular basis. Damn shame he didn't have enough sense to just stop and take the tickets and deal with it. I suppose it might be a while before he can find affordable bike insurance now. Oh wait! He won't be needing it!

To me it sounds like a good way to get killed. With no license and no insurance all he needed was one little thing to happen and he would be in a world of hurt. I do not think I would have the guts to drive without insurance much less a license. Oh well he will have to pay for this the rest of his life. There is NEVER a reason to run from the police. You cannot get away, they have radios, cameras, and helicopters. If you think you got away go to a public place and find out. This kid was not using his head at all. Shaun