IGNORED

Oberlin MD - Friday night dinner

dingy

It was suggested that I post a new thread about the Quaker Steak & Lube dinner on June 3rd, 2011. This is the evening before the "official" MD date at Freebird's home in Oberlin , Ohio.

There is a calender event at the following link.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=265&day=2011-6-3&c=1

Signing up for this is totally optional, if you don't sign up you can still go, and if you do sign up, there is no problem not going.

It just gives me an idea on how many are going to be there so I can keep the restaurant informed.

Also a post from Don related to that weekend at link below.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58678

Gary

Edited by Freebird

I just sent a preliminary head count to restaurant telling them to expect 100-130 people. If that many don't show up, I lied. If more show up, they will find room.

They have a page on their site for planning events, hope it works this year, last year turned out OK, but night shift wasn't expecting a group of the size we had.

:fingers crossed:

Gary

Hey Gary,,, last year I spoke to them and they said they'll do anything to accommodate us.

We spoke about having it inside in case of the weather and also about leaving the band out so that we could hear each other. Just thought you might want to follow up.

Hey Gary,,, last year I spoke to them and they said they'll do anything to accommodate us.

We spoke about having it inside in case of the weather and also about leaving the band out so that we could hear each other. Just thought you might want to follow up.

While you're at it you could leave the alcohol out so we can understand what we hear in all that quietness. :stickpoke: :rasberry:

Wacko, another hugger! The world needs more huggers.......look out ,cos I is in that club too!!!

Hope you don't hug for tooo long,,, there's others that need a hug tooo!!!!

Ben, you're right,,, I don't listen,, my ears are only attached to make the rest of me look better.

And as far as batteries are concerned? I'm Dutch and too cheap to but them, so the aids work wonderfully,,,, yep, can't hear a thing.

Quickstep got hearing aids about four years ago...they sit in the box in a drawer. He apparently doesn't want to wear them out--'cause he never uses them :bang head:

He will probably pack 'em, but wont use 'em. So please excuse me if I talk loudly...been doing it for years, so he can hear me :crying:

Quickstep got hearing aids about four years ago...they sit in the box in a drawer. He apparently doesn't want to wear them out--'cause he never uses them :bang head:

He will probably pack 'em, but wont use 'em. So please excuse me if I talk loudly...been doing it for years, so he can hear me :crying:

What did you Say????:think:

• 3 weeks later...

We have 85 signed up at this point.

Signing up for this is totally optional, if you don't sign up you can still go, and if you do sign up, there is no problem not going.

It just gives me an idea on how many are going to be there so I can keep the restaurant informed.

There is a calender event at the following link.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/ca...y=2011-6-3&c=1

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

I talked with Justin (a manager) at Quaker Steak this morning and he is expecting around 100 of us Friday starting around 5pm.

I will follow up again with him Friday at some point.

Gary

Edited by dingy