IGNORED

Can the 1986 get a little lower?

imagesinthewind

What kind of foot gear is he using? Thick soled boots may just give him the extra inch he needs. I knjow the feeling, they are tall bikes, and I "gently" sat mine down a couple of times. As far as a lowering kit there are none that I know of but that does not mean it can't be done.

Give him a little more time to get comfortable with the bike, they are BIG!!!

OK now I feel your pain. Im rather shoret and ride a 91 so I understand how tall they feel. Laid mine over a time or 2 because of it. The best advice I can give you is to ride it. It took me 3 or 4 months to get used to the feel of not flat footing my old girl. As result I now will put me and my wife on the bike and ride with out a hestiation. Another suggestion is to get on the bike with him. When my wife is on the bike with me I can actually faltffot the old girl if I drop the air in the rear. Practice , practice , practice is the best theory. As I siad earlier I wouldnt put my wife on back of mine till I got comfy with it solo.

Im 250 poends and I want tell the wifes weight as she has her own acount here and might read it but together we weigh a little over 450. When we are both on the bike I can flat foot the bike. I set the front to low medium and the rear to high with the shock propotioning valvr( its just beside my left foot)at 3 with us both on it. If solo I set the valve at 2 and rear at medium with fromt at low.

Hope this helps as it took quite a while for us to figure oout what worked for us.

David