IGNORED

A game of.....What the heck is that?

Snaggletooth

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, ya'll crack me up. Never thought this would roll on as long as it has. Thanks for your interest....or boredom.

I'm a lil off the original schedule as it turned wet, windy and damp today so the next coat of paint is being put off until tomorrow.

I'm getting there.

Ok, ya'll crack me up. Never thought this would roll on as long as it has. Thanks for your interest....or boredom.

I'm a lil off the original schedule as it turned wet, windy and damp today so the next coat of paint is being put off until tomorrow.

I'm getting there.

Mounting bracket for the tuning controller off a 2nd gen to do a conversion of a second gen audio to first gen bike. :stickinouttounge:

Mike, you'd better be careful. If this turns out to be something really cool, then I'm gonna want one. And maybe several others out here as well. You'll be busy for months.

Do you only need one, or are you making a pair of them?

Thomas

Man I am behind on my schedule to have this thing done. Got hit with a few 14 hour days at work this week and if I hear "You're the only one that can get this done" one more time I'm gonna go all Awfuller Knofler and jump a fork lift off the dock.

But I did have time to take the lil critter for a test run and it will work for what I intended it to do. Made a couple of minor additions to it tonight and now waiting for the expoxy to set overnight. So tomorrow another coat of primer and one last check on the bike.

But as to your question Shaun......

YES!

and....

NO!

Some have been within range of the truth but need to adjust for windage. I'm not even going to say who.

You think waiting for parts is tough? Fill your extra time by trying to make your own. I haven't even tackled the mailman since I started spending more time on the work bench.

As far as installing 2nd gen parts on my '84.......come on! Get real!

We have been over this before. Take a good look in the mirror boys!!!:stickpoke::crackup:

As far as installing 2nd gen parts on my '84.......come on! Get real!

Out of all the replaced parts on my bike I only have one 2nd gen part that comes to mind.

And that one does in fact make the bike go slower.. Seriously

I used a front brake splitter from a 2nd Gen. Don't recommend others doing this though. I had to make a bracket to raise it up higher. It is long enough it may have contacted fork brace if front end ever collapsed all the way. Picture I attached is before bracket and S.S. lines. It shows how far is sticks down. The Vmax splitter is better. But I already had S.S. lines by the time I realized the problem, so I made it work.

Is that a picture of your mirror Mikey? I have the same thing on mine but it is not etched in. Would like to get them etched sometime.

Gary

Paint is done. Drying as I type. Well, the base coat anyway. The clear coat I'm using takes about 5 days to cure so I'll wait until after the reveal to spray that.

Added some things and changed the final design a bit but since you haven't figured out exactly what is is yet.......WHO CARES!!! :rotf:

Pics by Sunday.

Here it is before I bolt it onto the bike tomorrow.

As the VR is pretty short on straight lines and edges I shaped the gussets as much as I could to keep with the lines of the bike. Looks a bit better than I had thought it would. Should blend in ok.

Last call for wild guesses.