1 Canuck

Looks like another one of those ideas that appears great at first glance, but in practice isn't that great.

If you can line up well enough to hit the beginning of that ramp, you can line up well enough to hit your ball. Second, a trailer with an heavy tongue weight is not likely to slide enough laterally on its stand to allow that "funnel" to guide the receiver to the ball.

The best thing to consistently mate trailer to truck is practice.

While there may be some merit to this device I'll 2nd Straycatt. To me this falls into the same category as the new cars that will parallel park your car for you. Practice makes perfect.

Larry

Practice does make perfect, but I've seen a lot of smacked up bumpers out there by those practicing. Then again, I guess there are many that don't really care about what there bumpers look like?

Lining up center to a large trailer is usually no problem (but may still get out to check your distance?), but when you have a flat bed or an empty boat trailer that you can't see that's even harder without a spotter.

I like the pintle hook, but I agree that camera can be a better idea. :confused24: