IGNORED

where can I find a good harley site like this

heatonmt

Hey...we love bikes of all kinds here....Venture Royales AND Royal Star Ventures AND Royal Stars. :thumbsup2:

Seriously, many of us have owned many different brands and enjoyed them all. We don't care what you ride and will answer any questions to the best of our ability...

or....we'll make something up. :whistling:

Hey...we love bikes of all kinds here....Venture Royales AND Royal Star Ventures AND Royal Stars. :thumbsup2:

Seriously, many of us have owned many different brands and enjoyed them all. We don't care what you ride and will answer any questions to the best of our ability...

or....we'll make something up. :whistling:

:sign yeah that: :sign yeah that: :sign yeah that: :fnd_(16):

is there a link to the harley site on our site

The problem with Harley sites is that they are populated with guys who like Harleys.

Most of those guys are perfectly decent, perfectly reasonable folk, but they do have a higher proportion of those who are neither decent nor reasonable, and they make a lot of noise.

On the other hand .... if it is technical info you want, those guys know their bikes. They kinda have to because they get their hands dirty, a lot :)

So ask your questions and you'll get good information .... Start giving opinions and ....

It is worth bearing in mind that there are no good technical reasons why HD exist. They don't make the best bikes, they never have. They are slow to innovate and they are frighteningly expensive for what they are, When the other US bike makers went bust, HD should have gone with them, but with Govt. support and some very good marketing, they survived. Right now they look like they might not survive next time around.

On the other hand ... A motorcycle is a motorcycle ... ride what you like and welcome to the club :)

And Viragos,,,, You always forget (or ignore) the Virago.... Or does it have to get off the trailer to qualify for recognition?????? :rotfl:

:15_8_211[1]: :mytruck:

I like the Viragos ....

They are very easy to ride, completely non-scary and great for those "vertically challenged".

They make great learner machines too. Once their issues are resolved they are pretty reliable.

Mike,

I am also a member at HD Forums http://www.hdforums.com/ There is some good info over there, but it is NOTHING like our site. You'd better be thick skinned and used to dealing with Alphas. Depending upon what you'd like to know, there are several here as mentioned that are familiar with HD's. Scooter Bob is VERY knowledgeable with old school Shovelheads.

I go a site weekly called Harleytechtalk.org. It's similar to this site in that there are several catagories. There is a general catagory for non bike related topics. The harley riders on there don't cut any slack to the "MOCO." If there is something wrong they will tell you. A few years ago they were saying harley was making the crankshafts out of silly putty. There were having trouble with the cranks breaking. You can tell the people are aren't the same as the people on this site. I guess it's a harley thing.

I have visited V Twin Forum and HD Forum in the past. Not as good as here, but a lot of information/

Always wanted a Harley and may get one someday, but since adding the RSV to the stable - not in any rush.:cool10:

Since I have the full dresser, maybe a Fat Boy would be nice for tooling around town.