IGNORED

It's not a Venture, but ...

petekadish

It was just one of those deals that I just couldn't pass up. So, last week I closed the deal on a 1980 Honda CB750 Custom. It only has 19,350 miles on it and the only damage is one the seat where the stitching on the seat has broken (which should be a simple upholstery repair), and a hole about the size of a dime in one of the turn-signal covers on the fairing. It came complete with the original Hondaline Touring Accessory Package - detachable saddlebags, trunk and a full fairing. Aside from adjusting the carburetors, and a slight oil drip (which I have yet to determine where it's coming from), it's seems mechanically sound and runs very smooth.

And yes, the weather finally cooperated enough this afternoon for me to shoot some pictures. Good thing I did it today too, it's supposed to snow and blow all day tomorrow.

Here's a link to my FaceBook Pics of this bike.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2437511&id=17809521&l=8cd24966d3

Be Safe!

Pete.

Edited by petekadish

That is a very sweet looking bike, especially for its age.

Why is the Honda logo upside down on the tour pack?

My son-in-law just bought a similar bike but later model without the fairing or luggage but he loves it.

Great bike, Great find, Congratulations!!

You know ..., I have wondered about why the Honda badge on the trunk is upside down as well.

The tour-package was a big selling point to me. I have checked on the availability of that Hondaline luggage, and it's pretty much non-existent. It would be interesting to speak with someone who knew what those accessories originally cost. I think that the original MSRP for the base bike was around $1,700 - which is what I paid for this one, some thirty-one years later. Crazy!

Petew.

I bought a brand new 1970 CB 750 in the spring of (guess when) 1970. I remember that I paid $1,600 for it. Then added a fork mounted fairing and saddle bags. It didn't look as good as yours. I don't even remember the one that you have. I was riding a Yamaha XS 1100 in 1980, wish I had it now.

Looks very similar to one that I bought about 3 years ago except mine was an automatic transmission. I only rode it home after buying it, about 25 miles, but it was fun to ride. Sold it soon after buying it so didn't get to ride it again. I THINK that mine came from the dealer with the touring package but it was all made by Windjammer. I'm thinking it was a '78 model. The bags and fairing on yours look sleeker. Very nice.

Edited by Freebird

Hello: Nice find. My first serious road bike was a brand new 1980 CB900 Custom, same color as yours, same luggage configuration. I do not remember the emblem on mine being upside down? The cost on mine was $5500 if I remember correctly, but it has been a lot of years. Take care, enjoy the bike.