IGNORED

buddy rich cable

Sideoftheroad

• 2 weeks later...

Question. I got the cable and getting ready to install. Is the only way you can use bluetooth is by using the AUX setting on the handlebar control or can you listen to the radio and be able to call out and/or receive calls?

Also do you just talk like normal if using a cell phone or do you have to use the transmit button like when you use the cb?

Question. I got the cable and getting ready to install. Is the only way you can use bluetooth is by using the AUX setting on the handlebar control or can you listen to the radio and be able to call out and/or receive calls?

Also do you just talk like normal if using a cell phone or do you have to use the transmit button like when you use the cb?

Talk like normal on a cell phone, in fact no yelling.

I always have it set on AUX, because I use the Zumo xm and sd chip for music.

When in CB mode, pretty sure I can still receive a call, in other words, have someone call you.

:cool10:

I really don't see myself dialing calls while riding. Just not a smart thing to do IMO. I guess I am more worried about answering calls while listening to the radio. I didn't want to be stuck on AUX all the time and listening to MP3. Nothing wrong with that, but sometimes I like to hear people talk (besides the voices in my head) LOL.

I really don't see myself dialing calls while riding. Just not a smart thing to do IMO. I guess I am more worried about answering calls while listening to the radio. I didn't want to be stuck on AUX all the time and listening to MP3. Nothing wrong with that, but sometimes I like to hear people talk (besides the voices in my head) LOL.

Not sure what you are connecting the mic to, but if it is a GPS I'm pretty sure you'll have to have the input set to AUX for the audio system to receive the audio out from the GPS. Some GPS transmit over an fm frequency but that would be no different than setting it AUX. You still would only hear the GPS.

Dennis

But the voices in your head are much more fun.:whistling: Well, at least mine are:rotf:

The Zumo's pop up with "answer" that gives you time to switch to aux if your on FM. Don't know if your gonna get an alert tone or not though.

Did you put a splitter in for the line out while you have the fairing open ? My cable doesn't include the audio out to AUX, I just say that cause I have had a couple of people ask me.

Buddy,

The streetpilot works the same in giving a pop up and you have to touch the answer button.

I did put in an audio splitter. I will have to look but I think I have a 3 way splitter in there. I think what I did if I remember right is use 2-2 way splitters cuz I couldn't find an actual 3 way splitter.

What is the purpose of using the audio out in this case? So I can talk to whomever is calling?

• 10 months later...
Hey Jerry, Just send a Paypal for 40 to buddyrich@ebmc.com or mail a check or cash to James Rich 220 CR 3826 San Antonio, TX.78253

Thanks

Hey BuddyRich,

Are you still making these cable? If so is the above info on payment still valid?

I just picked up an 05 Midnight Venture and want to add a GPS and cell phone capability. Can you explain what your cable is for and how about some recommendations on a good GPS for motorcycle use. Thanks