IGNORED

I am humbled today.......

painterman67

In lifes trials we walk thiunking we are the only ones with all these problems. I am one of those peaple anyways. Today I was humbled. My phone rang at 5 pm this afternoon and it was my wife. Weird time for her to call as it was when she was on her way to school. Kneedless to say this is when I was humbled to understand that all these things I thought were so important are really nothing. She was calling to ask me to come and get her as she had just hydroplained in her explorer. Shes not sure how many times she turned around in the road , but it was at least 1 1/2 times before she ended up turning around backwards in traffic at highway speeds. As best I can tell she was on 2 wheels and going over when the concrete barrier put her back on all four and stopped the explorer. As I siad shes safe so all the other worries are now in perspective.

Laura has a little bump on her head and a head ache so Ill be watching her tonight for anything weird but she was able to walk away. The officer that arrived on scene stayed with her till I was able to get to her and I was a little over an hour away.Thank you sir as that was nice of you. My deepest thanks goes out to a Mister Steve smith. A good symeritan who not only stopped to check on her but used his personal cell to call me since Laura couldnt find hers. Sir I know you dont know me and probably will never read this but I cant explain what that means to me.

Any ways thanks for letting me get this out as it all gains a little perspective as if the truck would have turned over who knows I mught not have the love of my life with me now.

David

I know exactly what that call is like. I got that call about 3 am one morning when my wife had an accident. I am glad to hear she is ok. Also glad to hear that people are willing to stop and help when it is needed most. You have my prayers. Shaun

David, glad your wife came through this relatively well. She will probably feel a bit sore for the next few days. Hope she feels better soon.

David, Been there done that and the feeling right after the call is not good. I was however humbled as you when I saw what my wife walked away from and what could have been.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Laura as you heal through this.

Tom and Amy

Glad to hear she's ok. Thats the only thing that really matters!

Like was said before the vehicle can be repaired/replaced.

On I-77 at 2 of the bridges north bound between Charleston and Ripley water stands due to poor drainage. I've seen signs of wrecks over the years and have infact reported the area(s) to DOT. Seems they never get around to fixing it. In hindsight I should have put in writing. If this is a correctable problem I'd document and send it to your DOT. Might just save someone else...

Edited by CaptainJoe

Having had two wives call me to tell me they had been in an accident I'm glad they called because then I know they are alive and not seriously hurt. I am not the stereotypical husband that yells at his wife for crumpling a fender but instead am immediately concerned for her and other's well being! We have insurance to fix or replace cars. Glad Laura is OK and no one else was hurt in the incident!

Looks like you may be in the market for a new vehicle though...