I sold my 87 venture and just bought a o6 midnight venture,I find my 06 to have a lot of wind on me,does anybody out there ever add windwings?If so where can I get them?Thanx

Edited by kj1961

I agree...first make sure that all the wind deflectors that should be there are still there.

Next, WHERE are you feeling the wind? If it's to the torso and/or face, then the wings are not the answer. There are several aftermarket windshields available to help in that regard. F4 gives us a discount of their great shield. It is available in several heights but even more importantly, it is 4" wider.

Clearview Shields also makes a nice and wider shield for our bikes.

If you are getting wind in other places, it will depend upon where it is coming from.

BuddyRich makes some great deflectors if you are getting wind on your knees.

Yamaha makes a set of nice lower deflectors that connect to the crash bars.

Baker also makes a set but I don't think theirs look as good as the ones from Yamaha. They may work better though, I don't know as I've never used them. I do know that they seem expensive to me.

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/page48aa.html

Personally, I have the wider/taller shield, the Yamaha lower deflectors and the BuddyRich knee blockers. I get very little wind if any at all.

:confused24:

Why would you want to ride a bike and NOT experience the wind? It's part of the joy of riding!!!

Because I live in northere BC. Summers are short, spring and falls are cold and I want to ride as much as I can and I don't wanna do it in a ski-doo suit!!!!

Edited by kj1961

Just bought an 03 with the bakers. The different top and bottom adjustment is usefull. I still have stock tall windshield and upper part of the bakers allowed me to get rid of the exhaust smell at some speeds caused by the barn door windshield.

I have the Buddy Rich knee blockers on mine and what a difference they make in the cold! And in the summer time..

My biggest issue is that when I ride, I can feel the wind coming right up from the knees and thighs straight up to my face under my glasses, causing my eyes to water and causing a little discomfort. With the knee blockers installed, that blast of wind is routed elsewhere.

Next time you're cruising down the highway, put your hand down by your thigh and feel the wind coming UP to your face.. you'll notice the breeze on your face diminish as well.. The knee blockers help with that a lot.

With the knee blockers installed, you can also feel the wind moving about two inches above your knees when you're riding with feet on the floor boards (knees upright).. This keeps them out of the blast of cold air. They will still get wet in the rain, but not as much but they'll be wet..

I ride with them on more to keep the wind out of my eyes than anything else..

Because I live in northere BC. Summers are short, spring and falls are cold and I want to ride as much as I can and I don't wanna do it in a ski-doo suit!!!!

are you saying you actually sometimes DON'T wear a skidoo suit up there? :witch_brew: :sign20:

(folks, he lives in a town that has "WIND" as part of it's name... and he wants to escape somehow!)

... ooops, I think I made a speeling error...

Anybody know which are the better windwings,yamha's or the bakerbilt???The ones that bolt to the crash bar.

I've never used the Baker Built on a RSV. They were a very popular item for the first gen Venture and a lot of folks had them. I think that they are probably more functional than the ones that Yamaha offers but, in my opinion, they don't look nearly as good.

I agree...first make sure that all the wind deflectors that should be there are still there.

Next, WHERE are you feeling the wind? If it's to the torso and/or face, then the wings are not the answer. There are several aftermarket windshields available to help in that regard. F4 gives us a discount of their great shield. It is available in several heights but even more importantly, it is 4" wider.

Clearview Shields also makes a nice and wider shield for our bikes.

If you are getting wind in other places, it will depend upon where it is coming from.

BuddyRich makes some great deflectors if you are getting wind on your knees.

Yamaha makes a set of nice lower deflectors that connect to the crash bars.

Baker also makes a set but I don't think theirs look as good as the ones from Yamaha. They may work better though, I don't know as I've never used them. I do know that they seem expensive to me.

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/page48aa.html

Personally, I have the wider/taller shield, the Yamaha lower deflectors and the BuddyRich knee blockers. I get very little wind if any at all.

Could you post a link to the windshields you speak of? thanks.

I have the Buddy Rich knee blockers on mine and what a difference they make in the cold! And in the summer time..

My biggest issue is that when I ride, I can feel the wind coming right up from the knees and thighs straight up to my face under my glasses, causing my eyes to water and causing a little discomfort. With the knee blockers installed, that blast of wind is routed elsewhere.

I decided to keep my 09 RSTD for another year. I like a lot of things on it, but the turbulence at high speed is really annoying. I have the largest Clearview on it and have Buddy's deflectors on order. I just got back from a trial run with a new tankbag... just hoping that the wind that comes from around the tank above my knew would be better, but it didn't make much difference. I'm hoping after what you are saying that Buddy's wind deflector might help, but I saw somewhere else on this forum that mentioned that it didn't help. I figured I would get them just to help with the cold legs.

Anyone else have any impressions of Buddy's deflectors helping with buffeting? Today I took both my hand and blocked the air coming from around the side of the tank and it seemed better. I couldn't do it for long, I don't feel comfortable for very long riding with no hands doing over 70.

Tom

are you saying you actually sometimes DON'T wear a skidoo suit up there? :witch_brew: :sign20:

(folks, he lives in a town that has "WIND" as part of it's name... and he wants to escape somehow!)

... ooops, I think I made a speeling error...

If there's no snow..away I go....

I was suprized when you said you had a short summer.... I did not know you had summer up there..... that from a guy on the Wet Coast. But it never rains here so I never get wet when riding...... :stirthepot: :stickpoke:

I'd bet they have nicer weather than we do around here in Vancouver. Quite often I see that the northern regions are having sunny, warm days when we're cold and rainy :crying:

I'd bet they have nicer weather than we do around here in Vancouver. Quite often I see that the northern regions are having sunny, warm days when we're cold and rainy :crying:

But the Great Vancouver area is the rain Capital of the world.... everyone is having sunny days when you have rain !!!!:stickpoke:

Okay I splurged,baker air wings,buddy kneeblockers,clearview wide winshield,rivco stand,should be here time snow is gone.....where did you get tank bag Dusty??This forum is a fountain of knowledge!!:bighug:

Edited by kj1961