my knowledge of the mechanic's of motorcycle's can fit on my thumb. i have a 2007 venture with 250 miles on it the bike wouldn't turn over the battery i thing needs charging it seems to be straining. i believe the battery is under the seat? how do i get to it also there's a coolant reservior that is low because i took off the two side panels, i can ride like hell but the rest ? help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks to anyone who can help

Guest KitCarson

Both your questions are answered under the riders seat. There are two 10 mm nuts toward the front area of the seat that hold the riders seat on.....take them off......and seat comes right up. Battery is accessible and also the fill hole for the coolant.......hey coolant fill does not look like a normal one....it is forward of the battery and has a hose connected to the top of it with a spring finger type clamp....... One thing I plan to do....one day , when I remember it is to obtain some plastic wing nuts and a washer and replace those aggravating seat nuts with wing nuts so when you have to get under the seat, it is a simple procedure. Kit

Just pull the nuts off and leave them off then when you want under the seat you just grab it and pull it off. My seat has not been bolted down for the last 20k miles you will never know its not bolted down it doesn't move around and now its a 2 second job to remove it.

Just pull the nuts off and leave them off then when you want under the seat you just grab it and pull it off. My seat has not been bolted down for the last 20k miles you will never know its not bolted down it doesn't move around and now its a 2 second job to remove it.

There is a lot of options for holding the seat down but I too choose to not bolt it down. My big A** does a fine job.

Jerry

Ya but won't this debalance the scoot?????? Oh never mind I just seen who posted this.

i put the battery trickler on and now the battery is totally dead. is this possible? red wire on negative black on positive right? any thing else i should do ,the bike is new. thanks in advance for any info before i call the dealership.

uhhhhhh... red is usually positive...black is usually negative.... isn't it?

i put the battery trickler on and now the battery is totally dead. is this possible? red wire on negative black on positive right? any thing else i should do ,the bike is new. thanks in advance for any info before i call the dealership.

Nice job, you did it backwards, now try the right way, RED on positive and BLACK on negative. Aren't you glad you didn't tell anyone you know?:happy65:

Guest tx2sturgis

Go to your nearest dealer and buy a Battery Tender Junior. About $30.

It has the little pigtail on it that hooks up to the battery, and you leave that on and can hook up the bike whenever its idled for more than a few days. Thing about the automatic chargers like the Battery Tenders, is that they wont drain a battery if you hook it up backwards. They wont overcharge a battery either, you can leave it on for months if you want to.

Since your battery went completely dead, its not going to be in good shape from now on....so I'd advise you to get a new one.

Guest tx2sturgis
...... also there's a coolant reservior that is low because i took off the two side panels, i can ride like hell but the rest ? help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks to anyone who can help

It should read low when the bike is cool.