IGNORED

Harley pipes question ?

Hi guys, I have read lots about road king pipes on the forum, but as I am in the UK, there are not anywhere near the same quantity of harley pipes for sale, i have seen a few sets from other harleys though, can anyone have a look at this ebay auction for me and advise if these modded straight through pipes would fit on my RSTD ?.

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Harley-Davidson-Exhausts-/280657121551?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item415877d10f]Harley Davidson Exhausts | eBay UK[/ame]

Cheers

What year is your RSTD?

If it's an 05 or later, then yes, they'll work with a set of brackets that you can easily fabricate.

Any mufflers off a Touring framed Harley should work. Road King, Electra Glide, Road Glide.

Cheers guys, I have a 2007 RSTD, I will fabricate some hangers if I win them and give them a go, I have the standard pipes with four holes drilled around the end of each pipe, but they are still quiet, if these are straight through I should hopefully get a good rumble on.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help guys, I bought the RK pipes from ebay, £70 inc postage (shipping) I had trouble getting the RK muffler clamps, would you believe my local Harley franchise only had "One" RK muffler clamp in stock, I ended up picking up a pair from a custom bike shop in Glasgow, he even threw in the four Harley mounting bolts to attach to my bracket, as it's all metric nuts/bolts over here.

I fabricated my L mounts out of aluminium sheet and doubled it for extra strength, a bit of off and on the bike though until I found the right spot to drill the hole for the bike. But I was itching to fire her up though, hit the button and.......... very nice rumble, not too in your face so I pee off the neighbours heading out at 6 am, but hit the revs and she now has a roar.

All in all well pleased for £80 for a nice set of straight through Harley pipes, I'll keep my old ones handy for the annual vehicle test over here (MOT), as they can be very picky, (frickin european rules).

Cheers again.