IGNORED

Buying an 87 Royale

Mikealiasmike

1987 Venture Royale 30-35K on it. Plastic in good shape. Compressor works but only when jumped with a hot lead (any ideas on this problem?) Picking it up Sunday. Co-worker selling it to me for a good price IMHO. Sat in garage for a lot of years but has been gone through and runs. 1 spark plug fouled out. Can't believe I'm actually considering buying this 1gen being a 2nd gen lover. Any idea what the value actually is via guesstament with info given? I haven't even seen it yet but his description is something I believe.

Air compressor will only work with key in Accy position, this is to keep you from messing with it while riding I think. But the CB & Radio, that's OK while riding.

Value, Priceless, these things are a little older and need some fussin. But the fun of the extra power and great handleing is worth it.

And for the most part, the clutches don't whine and the shocks don't leak.

Gary

I'm not even sure if I'll keep it or sell it. I just know theres lots of folks on here that if bike is in as good a shape as he claims and I can get it for a good price I'll put it in classifieds for a little extra to help with gas/food/lodging on my iron butt ride in May.

So, you're finally stepping up to a real ride eh.... :rotfl:

If it's in as good a shape as you have been lead to believe, I would not be surprised if you could get $1800 - 2000 for it. But, why would you sell it????

BTW: Really like your new Avitar... Looks vagely familiar.

:15_8_211[1]:

So, you're finally stepping up to a real ride eh.... :rotfl:

If it's in as good a shape as you have been lead to believe, I would not be surprised if you could get $1800 - 2000 for it. But, why would you sell it????

BTW: Really like your new Avitar... Looks vagely familiar.

:15_8_211[1]:

Sorry Mike, but I have to agree with Russ, with the 1st gen.......... :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

But on a side note....

Will there be another Chillie cookoff in Cody??????? :fingers-crossed-emo

I guess Russ will be trailering his scoot from Gary's over to Cody. As it had been there since the last PIP & Gary probably has put more milage on it than Russ. :stickpoke:

Hey Rocket, I got you phone call message but had to punch the clock so I couldn't respond. I'm not sure if I'll be making it out there this year or not. Taking a week off the end of May to ride an Iron butt with some friends. If I remember right there's something else going on that week too of Cody but I'm drawing a blank. I suppose I should ask my bride to remind me again lol. If I can get time off work and can get out of whatever it is she has planned I'd love to come out to Cody and challenge that owl guy in a chili cook off.

Russ, if bikes in good shape then I'm sure I'll find a good buyer for it and a good price to match. I'm not looking to make a killing on it, just help pay for above described trip. Too many good folks on here. Take care guys and God Bless

P.S. Russ, you know if your interested in the Royale, I'll make an exception on price for you... figured 20 years from now bike would still have no more then 200 miles on it then from the time you bought it :cool10: