IGNORED

Hey Bongo, hows the peeper?

dingy

Things OK! Long story short, still have the patch over the eye until tomorrow afternoon, but I cheated and loked out of theh corner of the patch and everything is bright and colorful!!!

We went shopping today and I own a new computer and a new patio dining set, and my credit card is pretty maxed out! Interest free until next Feb...

Did that make ya eye feel better :think:
OK now for the rest of the story. We live about 35 miles from the eye center. The surgery is scheduled for early in the morning, and of course the patient caqn't drive that daqy, or the next day to have the patch removed and the surgery inspected. There is a second option, they will take the patch off at the end of the day but you still can't drive. Although retired, Becky still works 1 or 2 days a week, and Thursdays is one of them, so she has to reschedule her job for Friday. Soooo, instead of putting an extra 70 miles on the car, we spend the day in the town as it has shopping centers, etc. as opposed to just a few mom and pop stores in this hick town.

The problem was that yesterday, the Dr didn't stay but forgot to tell the nurses that, so they said it would be OK to come back at 4. My desktop computer which is almost 10 years old took a dump last month, and BJ's wholesale club had a top line HP on sale for $80 off their already low wholesale price (actually it was a mfr. instand rebate) and the sale ends Monday. Also, last year we wanted to replace our Hexagonal patio dining table as it takes up too much room in our gazebo, and in the process of looking around, Becky saw this really nice set she liked but it was $1600, so we decided to wait a year as we spent a LOT of money getting the RSV triked, etc. Well, to kill some time we spent the better part of the day looking at patio sets. When we finally got to the place that had the set last year, low aqnd behold it was on sale for $900, and having my "intrest free" card on me from buying the computer, we bought it!

Sooo, the rest of the story, I have to wait for Becky to return from cleaning at around 2, then drive back to the eye doctor to get this confound patch off. Becky is cleaning in the next town over from where we have to go!! I have a new computer I can't hook up for a few days as I'm not supposed to lift more than about 5 pounds and aren't supposed to bend over, and we have a new patio set that I can't pick up for a few weeks until I put up the gazebo for the season, but regardless I'm happy!!!

Annie, on your waqy from Carls to Don's for MD we would love to have you over to see the set in person and have a meal with us on it! I know, you can't stop at everybody's place (or can you? We want to try it when I retire) but we woulde be honored to have you! Becky loves her Aussie socks and wears them regularly!!!

Edited by bongobobny

Gee, I know that table cost a lot and stuff, but are you really gonna make Annie eat off of the table, after all paper plates ain't that expensive.........:whistling:

Good to hear that the peeper is doing well.

I think the plan is to sit ON the table, (he doesn't say anything about chairs), so maybe he's looking for Annie to balance the table for him,,,, I don't think Becky would even get half close enough for the proper balance.

Things OK! Long story short, still have the patch over the eye until tomorrow afternoon, but I cheated and loked out of theh corner of the patch and everything is bright and colorful!!!

We went shopping today and I own a new computer and a new patio dining set, and my credit card is pretty maxed out! Interest free until next Feb...

Bob, good to hear that what you now see is "bright and colourful" but sorry about the max limit on your credit card. Life can be a challenge!