IGNORED

A question on JIS screwdrivers

Snaggletooth

Ok, I know these will get a better bite on an OEM screw on a Japanese bike. The most common problem that I run into working on the older bikes is simply that the last guy has damaged the heads or stripped out the screws and can't get what he was working on apart.

So if I was the kind of guy that orders every screw from the stealership I'd be in good shape. But I'm not that guy. LOL

So the question is, and dumb it might be, but when buying metric screws at the local hardware store is the head going to be JIS or our standard?

Mike

I Beleive you will get standard, as Ive been told that JIS are now usually (theres that term to cover ones butt) identified with a dot in the face of the screw.

I cant find anyone here that sells JIS screwdrivers, and the only source in the US that Ive found so far wont ship to Canada. Does anyone know of a Canadian Distributor or of a company that will ship to Canada.

Brian

I Beleive you will get standard, as Ive been told that JIS are now usually (theres that term to cover ones butt) identified with a dot in the face of the screw.

I cant find anyone here that sells JIS screwdrivers, and the only source in the US that Ive found so far wont ship to Canada. Does anyone know of a Canadian Distributor or of a company that will ship to Canada.

Brian

Best bet would be to let one of our US members order what you want and shipped to their home. From there it could easly be shipped to you without any problems.

If there's someone closer to you that will do that great, if not let me know and I'll take care of ordering for you.

Larry

Brian,

Did you check on this site for shipping?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#jis-(japanese-industrial-standard)-screwdrivers/=bnvxh8

THanks Snag, that one seemed to work, but I have had a couple of companies refund the money back to my card the day after the transaction was done and said they dont ship up here. I guess we shall wait and see.

Brian

THanks Snag, that one seemed to work, but I have had a couple of companies refund the money back to my card the day after the transaction was done and said they dont ship up here. I guess we shall wait and see.

Brian

I plan on placing an order with McMaster-Carr soon. I'll wait on it to give you time to find a company that'll ship direct to you. If you don't find one just say the word and I'll add on to my order what you want.

Larry

I plan on placing an order with McMaster-Carr soon. I'll wait on it to give you time to find a company that'll ship direct to you. If you don't find one just say the word and I'll add on to my order what you want.

Larry

THanks LArry

I just placed an order and got a confirmation so I hope Ill be ok. But a couple of times i got a note and a refund the next day.

I dont get it, a sale is a sale, all it takes is a phone call to find out what the extrra postage is and charge me for it. I guess some companies are making too much money.

I will let you know tomorrow if things change on the order.

Brian