IGNORED

New battery cables.

dingy

Got the 4 gauge welding cable today for the battery cables.

You could jump start a semi with this stuff. A standard ground cable is shown beside it in picture.

Yes, it's orange, that's the only color they had the heavy duty 4 gauge cable in. Black heat shrink will fix that.

Standard cable has 378 thicker strands in it, this has 1045 finer strands. Electricity mainly flows along the surface of a wire, so the finer strands are better overall conductors.

McMaster Carr has it. Had to get 10ft, that's minimum order. $2.82 a foot.

10 terminals were $8.03.

Wanted to get a set of the JIS standard screwdrivers and McMaster was only place I could find them, none locally.

Placed order last night around 5:00pm and got stuff at 6:00pm tonight with standard shipping rates.

Gary

I can wrap it around my index finger without damaging it, it straightens right back out on its own.

Gary

Gary, can you be a bit more specific? Damaging what... the cable or the finger? What straightens right back out... the cable or the finger?

:rotf:

(yes I know... there's one in every crowd...)

Gary, can you be a bit more specific? Damaging what... the cable or the finger? What straightens right back out... the cable or the finger?

:rotf:

(yes I know... there's one in every crowd...)

Kinda makes me wish I hadn't specified my index finger, that is the long one right. If so it's looks fine.

I have a wonderful picture that shows my finger is just fine !! I almost posted it, but I don't want to get my own thread censored.

:crying:

Gary

Dang Gary............

Ya got me back on the McMaster Carr website again. I should not be there without supervision.

Ordered a set of JIS's, some buffing wheels, new replacement face shields, cable sleeving and some more ball studs.

I have no self control on that site.

Nice cable BTW.....should work out real well. I like the 1045 strand and the flexiblility.

Later.

Mike

I was planning on doing the cables on Ugly this spring. Got a AGM battery from Earl and don't think I need cables right now. Left that battery sit out without starting Ugly all thru this last cold spell on purpose. Left it sit for a week and cranked it like a new one. Time for a little more tinkering.

Looks like that cable will work good.

I may have to git me some.

Use a less sharp blade for stripping so that you do not damage so many strands. All of those nicked strands in the pic will end up breaking and not helping to carry current.

Mike

Whats even more dangerous, I have a personal account at McMaster-Carr, I don't even need my CC to place an order, and it is always here by 10:00am the next day.

Looks like that cable will work good.

I may have to git me some.

Use a less sharp blade for stripping so that you do not damage so many strands. All of those nicked strands in the pic will end up breaking and not helping to carry current.

Mike

Whats even more dangerous, I have a personal account at McMaster-Carr, I don't even need my CC to place an order, and it is always here by 10:00am the next day.

I didn't do that !!

It came that way from McMaster.

Gary

Gary, you just gotta ignore SilvrT every once in a while. He appears as if he's bored to nearly Death while Work ... AGAIN !!!!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Good Job on the Welding Cables !!!

Lutz, you're like a cat my friend... you just sit on the fence lookin for an opportunity to POUNCE on ME!!

:rasberry: :rasberry: :rotf:

but that's OK ... we have FUN!

Lutz, you're like a cat my friend... you just sit on the fence lookin for an opportunity to POUNCE on ME!!

:rasberry: :rasberry: :rotf:

but that's OK ... we have FUN!

Rick, I'm not looking for an Opportunity, you practically hand them over .... :p :p :p

We're all looking for some Fun and how boring this Site would be if there wouldn't be no such Fun. :bowdown::bowdown::crackup::crackup::crackup: