IGNORED

Outdoor cover options until my garage gets built

dz

I have four 10 x 20 seasonal use canopies (they won't hold heavy snow) that I buy here in Canada for about $100 when they are on sale at Canadian Tire. For another $75, I bought a set of attachable walls that I like because I can put them up on one side only if I want for sun or wind protection. So far, they have held up well.

What I would like to find is a top cover like I saw on a guy's HD at a bike show lst year. It was only about 2 feet wide and attached at the mirrors (or somewhere at the front) and went over the windshield and sloped down over the seat/luggage rack where it also attached with bungee like cords to keep it taunt. He told me he rides year round and keeps his HD outside all year and that it had worked well for years. To me, it looked like the perfect cover for sun/rain protection and covering up the GPS especially when traveling as it rolled up into a very small size. Has anyone seen something like this on the market? I am thinking of tying to make something like this myself if I can't find one anywhere.

Because I don't have a garage... that has room... I have probably bought and 'killed' more covers than anyone, and the best I've found for long term protection are Cycle Shak's. They're heavy cotton duck and shed water like one. They also have a 5 year warantee. However, this winter I picked up a couple of covers from China off Ebay to give them a try. I've bought Chinese in the past but the quality wasn't all that good. They made better overnighters than anything for weather protection. Recently, If you look closely at the listings, they started putting out an 'All Weather' cover. So I figured what the heck and bought two. The material is a bit heavier that the older covers, and surprise... they shed water as well as the Cycle Shak's. For winter time protection they are working very well. I just put them over a couple of other marginal covers, and if any water gets through we're all in trouble. The big factor in a cover degrading is UV. Those black covers turn gray by the end of the summer. But for $20 bucks...who cares.. :)

I've been using mine for two years now....no garage either. It's faded but water still roles right off. Great covers!

Thanks very much Carl. I checked the Nelson-Riggs website and it looks just like what am looking for.

Try Eureka screen rooms Northern Breeze. Pricey but you can use it for camping will hold 2 Touring bikes waterproof You can drop the sides complete enclosure easy to put up 2 access areas, $439.00, but I use the heck out of it I'm on my second one, lost one off the end of my trl a few years back:twing: