IGNORED

Do you trust it

Condor

Do you trust your bike?? If you took it on a 3000 mile ride, do you have confidence that it is in good enough condition to make the trip?? In '07 I took my 24 year old '83VR on a two week trip and had total confidence that it would serve me well. How do you feel about yours??

Do you trust your bike?? If you took it on a 3000 mile ride, do you have confidence that it is in good enough condition to make the trip?? In '07 I took my 24 year old '83VR on a two week trip and had total confidence that it would serve me well. How do you feel about yours??

When do we leave?

Do you have a specific destination in mind or are we just going wherever the road takes us?

Dave

Absolutely. Although, as Dan mentioned, I would certainly bring along a healthy set of tools and spare parts so that I could do just about anything (other than a complete rebuild, of course) on the side of the road or parking lot necessary - just in case. No sense in not being prepared.

Oh yeah, that and the VR Assistance list. Giddy-up.

Last summer did alittle over 5000 miles on my 99 to Ca and back had a clutch prob on wayout changed fluid when I got there and all was good.When I got home had her completely serviced and new rubber put on. May do another trip to CA for class reunion in Aug. Would not hesitate to take her any where on a long trip.

John

Guest scarylarry
When do we leave?

Do you have a specific destination in mind or are we just going wherever the road takes us?

Dave

+1 When?

Yep, I have much more confidence in the scoot now than I did back a couple of years ago. But I know so much more about the bike than I did when I went down to Los Osos, thanks to all of you people in here. PLus with the rebuild and upgrades that Rocket did to her, I feel that with regular maintenance I will be good to go anytime, with a few tools and a couple of selected spare parts.

Brian

Done it more than once on both my '85 and '87 VR's and upon return had no hesitation to turn around and go again.

I'm not so confident yet, but I'm pretty sure it has more to do with me, rather than the bike. Being that this is my first "venture" ( get it? :D ) into the bigger bikes, it's just going to take time for me to be comfortable that she won't let me down when I'm far away from home.

I'm sure after my maintenace day, and meeting a few other riders, that will put my mind at ease a bit to get out there and stretch my RSDT legs!!

The only component on my scoot that I would have any serious concerns about before heading out on an extended trip is the one that straddles the saddle..... Lot of worn parts there.

:sign funny post::backinmyday: But I gotta admit some days I feel the same....lol!

Brian

Sure, all four of them, but the MAX is a bit nekkid at the Moment. It needs to get the Covers on and the Handle Bar and Masters adjusted, before hitting the Road. The Turbo would need some fresh Oil before i'd hit such a long Ride, but other than this, i'd be good to go with any of my Rides ....

But i ain't got no Time to do so .... :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

The only component on my scoot that I would have any serious concerns about before heading out on an extended trip is the one that straddles the saddle..... Lot of worn parts there.

More likely, worn out parts as well, hence the Trailer Queen scoot.

I still recommend a trike for you, to keep you upright & riding. :2cents:

That is why I am making this ride. The body is failing and this may be my last big ride. I want to make this ride and my wife is iffee whether she approves of it. I will leave on April 6th which also is my 65th birthday. Got to love bikers.

:farmer:

I have 2 1st gens, that will be racking up the milage this summer (guessing at about 10,000 miles). That is, if Grump can handle the 83 VR ok & I will be on the 86 VR. Next month will be the test for him, on which bike he rides, the 83 VR or the 750 Nighthawk.

I have been riding the 83 for 4 years & it has thoughly been gone over in this time.

Bought the 86 last summer & it is well on its way to being ready. I still have a few small things to install & check out.

:mo money::mo money::mo money::2cents: