IGNORED

Son's First Solo Overnight Motorcycle Trip

RedRider

Bob, thanks.

The pictures are of the bike as packed to take off.

For the last cold leg, we devised a method to keep his hands warm. Since he was at me brother's in Illinois, Curt ask for and received a pair of snow pant outgrown by the nephew. Curt cut the legs off the snow pants and ran them around the handlebar controls. He then put several chemical hand warmers down into the 'legs'. It was effectively a redneck set of Hippohands.

Apparently, it worked quite well.

RR

Sounds like he had a good trip. Glad everything went well for him. Cold knees are uncomfortable, but when your hands get that cold it starts getting hard to drive the bike so good choice coming up with a way to keep his hands warm. Nice trick with the Benjamin also. Shaun

"For the last cold leg, we devised a method to keep his hands warm. Since he was at me brother's in Illinois, Curt ask for and received a pair of snow pant outgrown by the nephew. Curt cut the legs off the snow pants and ran them around the handlebar controls. He then put several chemical hand warmers down into the 'legs'. It was effectively a redneck set of Hippohands."

Well, it never fails to amaze me how I learn something new here everyday. The hubby and I start riding in about 36 degree weather and even though I have a large windshield, my hands still get cold with just my riding gloves.

I've never heard of "Hippohands" but I've got plenty of old snow pants!!!.

Thanks for the idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb

PS Glad to hear he's home safe and had a great trip!!!