IGNORED

maybe dead cyl

REDRIDER52

Got bike out today in storage started up fine had a little pop pop like cyl trying to fire felt exhaust pipes 3 got hot fast one slower the slower one is rear left side setting on bike could it be the dreaded coil pack how can i check to make sure if any one is close by that has had this problem maybe able to help out 2003 venture

Got bike out today in storage started up fine had a little pop pop like cyl trying to fire felt exhaust pipes 3 got hot fast one slower the slower one is rear left side setting on bike could it be the dreaded coil pack how can i check to make sure if any one is close by that has had this problem maybe able to help out 2003 venture

Try another plug first, and the back ones are easy anyways. If that fires, time to start looking for a stuck float maybe??

Later, Scooter Bob

Yah! find a spare plug, pull the wire and hook it up to the plug. Rest the plug against any good ground, turn the key and crank the engine and see if you have spark at all.

I'm betting it's carbeuration problems. A half can of seafoam into a tank of gas and a good ride may bring things back to normal. Plan on changing plugs after the seafoam treatment as it will loosen a lot of crud! Yes, you can put the whole can in but plan on seeing a lot of smoke...