IGNORED

Guess my age

royalstar09

I work all summer maintaining at least my yard, more times then not I take care of my neighbors, and my owners sister yard. I get washed and waxed after every use and still have not had ANY mechanical work done to me. I also have my origional battery

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1dd36b3127ccefcf618b81edc00000030O08AZtmjJo0aOAe3nws/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1dd36b3127ccefcf67bd4df2900000030O08AZtmjJo0aOAe3nws/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1dd36b3127ccefcf60dce5e3800000030O08AZtmjJo0aOAe3nws/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

2004 model:detective:

Ding ding ding we have a winner. Seriously it is a 2004 model. Ive had such great luck with my deere. Yes the wife thinks I am nutts but it gets babied. I just uncovered it today and washed off the winter dust. It is ready to go to work another season

Someone has wa-a-y-y-y too much time on their hands. Some times my bike doesn't look that good. That thing probably gets the air cleaner washed/changed after each use.

It takes 30 minutes to clean it up after every use. That 30 minute a week investment has paid me in huge dividends with the service it has provided. I believe that anything mechanical will only treat you as good as you treat it. I know I like a nice warm bath so I am sure my mower does :confused07: :whistling:

wish you were my neighbor!

My neighbor is a single hard working young lady with 2 children. One of which is a special needs child so my mowing her grass is something I really enjoy doing. It frees her up that little extra time it would take her to do it so she can focus on her child. I wait until she leaves then mow it. It just works better that way so I dont have to refuse money

Ding ding ding we have a winner. Seriously it is a 2004 model. Ive had such great luck with my deere. Yes the wife thinks I am nutts but it gets babied. I just uncovered it today and washed off the winter dust. It is ready to go to work another season

are ya gunna come and mow the yard?? or what was it that i won??:confused24::whistling:

are ya gunna come and mow the yard?? or what was it that i won??:confused24::whistling:

Wasnt quite fair was it?? I never thought that far ahead :rotf: :rotf:

On second thought you did win and deserve a prize. How about a years subscription to VR :cool10:

Edited by royalstar09

I have an old John Deere 316. I THINK it is a 1976 and it is still going strong.

I bought it used for $600 about 12 years ago and other than oil changes and plugs every few years.....and bearings on the mower deck twice I haven't had to do anything.

I've redone the paint...but it still fires up every time!

Its starting to blow a little oil when I first start it...but it stops smoking once it warms up and it still runs good.

I use it summer for the lawns (about 3 acres) and winter with a blower.

I think I have got my $600 worth. I'm sure I could sell it for at least that....I've seen blowers for that much alone!

Wasnt quite fair was it?? I never thought that far ahead :rotf: :rotf:

On second thought you did win and deserve a prize. How about a years subscription to VR :cool10:

thanks anyway!! my subscription is paid up for a few years in advance:backinmyday:

My neighbor is a single hard working young lady with 2 children. One of which is a special needs child so my mowing her grass is something I really enjoy doing. It frees her up that little extra time it would take her to do it so she can focus on her child. I wait until she leaves then mow it. It just works better that way so I dont have to refuse money

:clap2::clap2:Paying it forward...I doffs me hat to you Sir :clap2::clap2:

I have a Sears (Roper) tractor that I've had for 25 years and bought used went is was about 10 years old. Got a new deck for it when I bought it. Wore out the deck, snow blower and trailer, but the old girl still runs and does all the lawn rolling and aerating, along with other hard to do yard work. Put a couple of batteries in it, along with 2 new tires, plugs one time and ignition wires. Changed the oil once as well I think,, uh maybe more often. I have since bought a Deere F525, front mount mower that cuts the 1 acre of grass. It's was used when I got and now is used some more. Nicest mower I've ever had,,, hope it keeps going as long as the Sears,, but I doubt it.