IGNORED

Followed me home today

Digger

Bought this used Escapade today, '06. First time trailer owner and looking forward to taking a trip with it. Have a cross-country trip planned for end of June, but will have to try something sooner. Any tips from trailer owners for newbies?

Looks like you need to trade that 08 for an 11 blue one to match the trailer.:stickpoke:

Heavier on the tongue weight always worked better for me, they say 10%, but I always thought they pulled straighter with closer to 20% on the hitch.

And give yourself a little more stopping room all the time.

Have fun with it, Scooter Bob

Dont cut corners to sharp or near the inside because trailer tire will hit curb....ops..

Watch when trying to avoid obsticles in the road..you swerve to miss with bike but trailer tire hits object..

Learn to ride more in middle of lane at all times, since you basically now have a three wheeled vehicle..

As mentioned above, add more distance to your stopping time..a lot more distance to save your brake pads, especially the rear inside pad..

Always check your trailer lights to ensure they are working.

Check with your insurance company to ensure you, your passenger, bike and trailer are covered. You dont want / need any suprises if something did happen.

Ride safely..:thumbsup2:

Great trailer pulled one about 60000 miles. Keep an eye on the shocks where the airlines are,,,,,,, specially on a trip The plastic airline moves gets too close to the tire it will rub through the line. Trl tows great , agree with the rest on tounge weight little more is better. if you have a full load use proper tire pressure. When towing remember its back there, give yourself 3-5 xtra car lenghts to stop and slow down a bit on mountaind driving can't take curves like you would without a trl. and unless you have reverse (BACK IN)

Dont cut corners to sharp or near the inside because trailer tire will hit curb....ops..

Watch when trying to avoid obsticles in the road..you swerve to miss with bike but trailer tire hits object..

Learn to ride more in middle of lane at all times, since you basically now have a three wheeled vehicle..

As mentioned above, add more distance to your stopping time..a lot more distance to save your brake pads, especially the rear inside pad..

Always check your trailer lights to ensure they are working.

Check with your insurance company to ensure you, your passenger, bike and trailer are covered. You dont want / need any suprises if something did happen.

Ride safely..:thumbsup2:

I have very little experience pulling a trailer, but have lots of miles on a Burgman with a Voyager kit. I had to ride it in the "middle" too. SOOOO try to remember that the "middle" is where all the oil residue resides, especially when WET!!! :yikes::yikes::yikes: