Ozmonster

Need your assistance on this one, for those of you who have travelled into Ontario, you've probably seen cars and trucks sporting our Veteran's plates. As of now, the Ministry has no plans to introduce them for those of us who have served in the Military, and ride bikes. The reason I was given is that they cannot incorporate a poppy image on a plate that small. What I need from our riders is photos of any States/Provinces that have a image on their motorcycle plates, that I can use as examples when petitioning the Ministry to change their current policy. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jim

Need your assistance on this one, for those of you who have travelled into Ontario, you've probably seen cars and trucks sporting our Veteran's plates. As of now, the Ministry has no plans to introduce them for those of us who have served in the Military, and ride bikes. The reason I was given is that they cannot incorporate a poppy image on a plate that small. What I need from our riders is photos of any States/Provinces that have a image on their motorcycle plates, that I can use as examples when petitioning the Ministry to change their current policy. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jim

BC brought them out for bikes & trucks about 6 months after the car plates. I won't be able to get a pic of a bike one for about another month. But it is the same design as the car plates.

Not if you go for a 2010 plate, at renewal time. BTW more $$$$$$ charged for it too............

Think I'll pass on getting one of those.....

2010 Winter Games plates have an initial fee of $35 and an annual renewal fee of $25 (until December 31, 2012).

Thanks for all the help on this one gents, the links will be great ammo for firing back if I get a lame excuse. I had contacted the Legion, and they had pasted the government reply they had received, and recommended that I persue it further with the Ministry. The Ministry's reply to the Legion basically said that they could not fit any images, and maintain lettering size, which you've all proven is just a load of bunk.

Jim

The Ministry's reply to the Legion basically said that they could not fit any images, and maintain lettering size, which you've all proven is just a load of bunk.

Jim

heh... it would cost too much for them to "re-tool" a press (or whatever they use) ... they'd rather spend that money on a fishin conference LOL.