IGNORED

Freebird's Maintenance Day Parts/Accessories Thread

michellea

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annie....I will have a XXL yellow combination rainsuit for you.

I need some measurements to order the correct leather jacket. Use a measuring tape to measure all the way around the chest (in inches), and also around the waist.

I have to order the coat in either a size 48 or 50, but both of these are comparable to an XL, so just want to be sure. Thanks!

Big guy said - 48 - thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I am planning to bring some Dunlop Elite 3 and Dunlop 404 tires for Gen II RSV. Any other requests.

Seeing as how I'll be riding down from Canada and wouldn't really want to carry tires (Dunlop E3's) back... will you have equipment to mount tires or are you selling just the tires? I'll probably be interested in brakes too and hopefully as part of the group meet can get assitance installing them.

(also... will you be cash only or credit card?)

TIRE PRICES

Dunlop Elite 3 Front (150-80-16) $149.95

Rear (MV85-15) $174.95

Dunlop D404 Front (150-80-16) $139.95

Rear (150-90-15) $134.95

I AM REALLY IN THE DARK AS FAR AS HOW MANY TIRES I SHOULD PLAN ON BRINGING. ANY ASSISTANCE/SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I DO NOT HAVE TIRE CHANGING EQUIPMENT TO BRING, NOT SURE HOW THAT WORKS AT THE MAINTENANCE DAY.

BRAKE PRICES

EBC FA179HH $36.95/SET (2 SETS REQUIRED)

EBC FA123HH $31.95/SET

I was told that the HH pads were preferred. These are obviously a few bucks more than standard pads, so let me know if I am wrong on this. Again, any suggestions as to number of brake pads would be a big help!:bluesbrother:

Hey folks, after seeing some of the tire prices I previously listed, I realized that I was a bit higher than I should be.

ELITE 3 FRONT $135

ELITE 3 REAR $160

D404 FRONT $125

D404 REAR $120

I realize that these may not be as cheap as certain places online, however I do not stock a warehouse of these tires, and have to order them in to bring them down for the weekend. In addition to this, Dunlop has had a price increase (yet again!) over the past month. Hope this clears everything up.

I know you are planning on having these, but just wanted to reiterate the need - don't know how many sets you can sell to 100+ bikes, but we had 7 bikes last Saturday in Dallas and had to go out to find 3 sets of EBC FA123HH pads! That suggests you could sell a whole case of them in Ohio.

Goose

Michellea,

A previous post from a highly respected individual here. :backinmyday:I would listen to him on this.:2BLUE:

Fuzzy

Do most riders change oil and filter at maintenance day? Again trying to figure out how many gallons of oil to bring?!

I don't remember too many members changing their oil last year ....a few maybe.....but who wants to carry a gallon of oil in their saddlebags long distance........:fnd_(16): NOW, do you get why we invited you???

Edited by BIG TOM

Seeing as how I'll be riding down from Canada and wouldn't really want to carry tires (Dunlop E3's) back... will you have equipment to mount tires or are you selling just the tires? I'll probably be interested in brakes too and hopefully as part of the group meet can get assitance installing them.

(also... will you be cash only or credit card?)

Freebird has a tire changer in his garage....brakes are easy...just ask and we will help you change them out....not a big job..........thats what MD is all about :fnd_(16): and ice cream.......:rotf:

Hey Chad, refigure the prices again, let see if they get any lower...you know if you would have just edited your first post, no one would have known you can't add:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:ps... WHY DO YOU THINK WE ASK FOR YOU WHEN WE COME INTO the store BUY SOMETHING..........:whistling: :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16):

Edited by BIG TOM

This will be my first time attending a MD. How do I go about getting help with one or more of these items on my wish list? I'll be bringing some hand tools, a bike jack, Fork oil, a factory service manual and some ???? If I know what I can realistically accomplish I'll order up the parts I'll need. I am mechanically inclined, but a newbie to the RSV.

The 3 things on my wish list for MD would be

1. A valve adjustment ( what parts would I need?) 45K miles and don't think it's ever been done to this bike.

2. A carb sync

3. A fork oil change

Maybe a front tire to match my almost new Avon rear.

The carb sync and fork oil change shouldn't be a problem. The valve adjustment is probably too big a job for Saturday. It takes several hours and is just more than we typically bite off. We did one on a Friday last year as a demonstration for those that wanted to tackle it later but won't be doing one this year I don't think.