IGNORED

Saddle bag screws

XV1100SE

I'm nearing completion on some updates on my 09 RSV. (aux splitter, passing lights, trailer receiver, trunk wing, drivers back rest)

I've been carefully labelling bags of parts and marking on the instructions/tips so I know where everything goes. For the saddle bags... figured I knew what I was doing because I had them off when I put saddle bag rails on last summer.

Here is the scenario... unscrewed the four bolts holding the saddle bags on and put them into the little "cup" inside the saddle bag (closest to the tire). Did this on each side and closed the lids and set the bags aside. One tipped over but nothing major.

Finished the trunk wing today and started putting the saddle bags back on. Missing 3 screws. Looked on my work bench, checked the plastic bags of parts. Still missing 3.

Used a flash light to look in the bags again and nothing in the "cup" or in the bottom of the saddle bag. Looked in the mesh pouch... nothing. By chance, looked BEHIND the pouch where the rails are for the saddle bag lid and low and behold.... there they were !

Had to undo the flap from the mesh bag that attaches to the lid just to be able to poke a magnet down far enough to get ahold of them. Figured I'd check the right saddle bag to make sure everything was secure and found my hinge screws were loose.

Only job left now is to fix the chrome windscreen tabs and put the fairing back together. Come on spring ! Forecast this week are temperatures near freezing and flurries.

wow thats scary!! i took mine off as well put them in the saddle bags and bam!! missing one srew two rubber grommets two collars and one washer.i guess they just grew legs and walked the hell away.so now i ordered three bolts,three collars,four grommets,two washer plats and a spacer $60.44 later i have part numbers if needed.

wow thats scary!! i took mine off as well put them in the saddle bags and bam!! missing one srew two rubber grommets two collars and one washer.i guess they just grew legs and walked the hell away.

Did you look behind the mesh bag or the frame that mounts the lid? :-)