I started using MK early last year when I hit 40,000 miles on the '99 RSV. I put in 4 - 5 oz. every 3rd oil change. I use a good 20W50 synthetic oil and a good filter (usually Mobile 1). I have experienced no clutch issues at all, and the engine purrs like it's new and the whine (chirp) is all but gone. So yes, I'm a fan. However, if I do start to experience any problems with the clutch, I would likely discontinue using MK as a troubleshooting measure to see if that may be part of the issue.

How noisey (chirp) before you started using MK--Scale 1-10...Mine chirps like chipmunks on steriods, I do have the _I basket installed and there was no change. That was 3yrs. ago...

How noisey (chirp) before you started using MK--Scale 1-10...Mine chirps like chipmunks on steriods, I do have the _I basket installed and there was no change. That was 3yrs. ago...

I'd say it was about a 6 on the drive-me-nuts meter, and now it's about a 3-4.

I'm not so sure MK made that much of a difference; however, swapping out the clutch basket did. On the scale of 1-10, 10 being it's so bad I'm getting rid of the scoot ... mine was at an 8 before the I-basket and now is around a 3 or 4. In other words, it ain't totally gone but I can live with it.

Isn't that what loud pipes and blaring stereo tunes are for? Drowning out the whine? hehe

The truth to that fictitious mis-belief is ....

I just recently installed a set of Khromewerks mufflers that I got off another member who'd had them for several years and repacked once. These muffs are louder than the drilled out RK's but have a much nicer "tone" IMO .... I can still hear the whine ... (and she ain't even on the bike!!!) :rotf: