IGNORED

85/83 boost sensor hook up

The #2 carb on the 85 engine has a hose hookup that appears to be about the same location as the 83 port for the boost sensor that runs to an emission system. Since the good spare TCI I have is for an 83, I wonder if that hook up would work correctly. I also wonder if all these emission hoses can be removed and blocked.

Randy

That port is in the correct spot for a 1983 TCI.

I didn't think any carb but the 83's had that port.

Is this a California model by chance.

Can't recommend you remove your pollution devices for fear of the tree huggers getting me, but if it were mine, the garbage can would be heavier.

Gary

The emissions connection will not work as a vacuum port for the '83 TCI. The port is designed to recover fumes from the manifold. The '83 #2 has a bib connecting above the butterfly for venturi vacuum. It's located on the #4 side.

The emissions connection will not work as a vacuum port for the '83 TCI. The port is designed to recover fumes from the manifold. The '83 #2 has a bib connecting above the butterfly for venturi vacuum. It's located on the #4 side.

I was afraid of that, but I do not understand the comment about the bib being on the #4 side.

Thanks,

RandyA

Got to agree with dingy, no real reason to have extra "stuff" that's really not needed. That port should run straight to a restrictor and then the pressure sensor... lots cleaner and less chances for leaks.

Here are a couple of pictures.

First is of my 83 carb rack, looking into the port in question. It has the red cap on it. Still there because I didn't use the 83 TCI this year. This view is looking forward, to what would be the left, front carb. Bottom of carb rack is oriented down in picture.

Second picture is what a carb body looks like that does not have this port. It would be at the dimple in the center of the shot, below and to left of big phillips head screw.

Gary

I don't think so.

By saying it is on the #4 side, do you mean the inboard side?

If so that is not where it is located on my, now retired 83 carbs, shown in picture above.

Gary