IGNORED

Question

Rick Haywood

I was changing the plugs and putting in new air filters and noticed something I had bever seen and was wondering what it might be. On the right side of the bike right behind the rear carb there is a small tube that runs from right side torwards the left side. It is moounted on the back side of the carb and has a little knob on it that you can rotate. Does anyone know what it is for?

It is moounted on the back side of the carb and has a little knob on it that you can rotate. Does anyone know what it is for?

Is it hanging up close to the bottom of the tank, on the right side, above the rear head, black tube, black knob, about 1/2-3/4" diameter?

If so, it is the idle speed adjustment. You can tweak it as needed for temp, weather, or...

:scratchchin: to set the idle way up so you can start the bike moving with just the left hand on the clutch while holding a 4 foot long 2x2 in your throttle hand to bust potatoes that are on the top of a bunch of sticks along the track. (believe me, it can work):stickpoke:

Gotta love the bike games at the ABATE of WI Summer Hummer.:banana::cool10:

Later, Scooter Bob