IGNORED

Appreciation of this website

Aimhigh

Don, Moderators, and Members

I want to express my extreme appreciation of this site...and it is due to the above folks. I no longer own a Venture (which I still think is a GREAT bike), but I REFUSE to leave this site...it is the ONE motorcycle site I visit several times a day.

As I bought a wing a few months ago, I started looking for sites that have info regarding this bike. There are several out there, and, for the most part, are good to visit. However, these sites allow about any jerk to post...whatever they want to post. Some of these people are really out there, and I find that it really detracts from being able to enjoy the site as much as I do Venturerider.org.

I know I don't have to read what they post, and normally I don't. But every once in a while (depending on the topic) I read what they post, hoping it will add something of interest...NOPE, they just want to stir the pot!

Stirring the pot can be a fun thing...it is on this site...good natured ribbing of fellow members. But on the sites of which I speak, the comments are caustic...extremely so. I'm not thin skinned...28 yrs in the military ensured that...but, I cringe at some of the things a few of those members post.

I know on VR.org these folks would be taken to the wood shed by Don, or the moderators, or the other members...in an effort to get them back in line.

Again, thank you to all the aforementioned, for keeping this a site that is ENJOYABLE to visit (as I said, several times a day). You are a great group of people and I thank you for not showing me the door even though I no longer own the bike that brought me to this brotherhood.

I will close now, before the tears start to flow (just kidding...I am not THAT moved by it all). Keep on doing what you do...it works!!!!

:clap2: :thumbsup2: :sign kewl:

Jim,

Your words are wonderful and true. yes we've had some here try to do that ( stir the pot). But they learn quickly its not good for anyone here. I too thank Don and all the moderators here for all that they've done to make and keep this a friendly site that is fun to be on and be a part of.

I've made good friends here and hope to make many more in the coming years. They have proven to to be good loving people. Thanks for starting this thread Jim, I'll bet plenty more will echo your thoughts. Phil.L. PB&J.:thumbsup2:

What was said in the opening post is the absolute truth. I too wound up with a Wing (which I truly enjoy) BUT I've never found any site or group of folks who are as enjoyable and "fun" as this group, while always being helpful and considerate of other folks opinions and needs. GREAT BUNCH HERE!!

Don, Moderators, and Members

As I bought a wing a few months ago, I started looking for sites that have info regarding this bike. There are several out there, and, for the most part, are good to visit. However, these sites allow about any jerk to post...whatever they want to post. Some of these people are really out there, and I find that it really detracts from being able to enjoy the site as much as I do Venturerider.org.

:clap2: :thumbsup2: :sign kewl:

I wholeheartedly agree that this is a great site and a bunch of really good people. I can't tell you how much I've learned here and honestly how much $money$ it's saved me by being able to do work on my bike myself. If I'm ever off of the Venture, I'm sure I'll still be here enjoying the fun.

That being said, check out the Goldwing Road Riders Association. If you haven't heard of them, it is a very good organization. My folks were Chapter Directors when they lived in Wilson, NC and then again when they moved back here. I have several friends that are members and it really is a lot like being a member here. Here's their website. http://www.gwrra.org/

Yep, I would endorse all the above. My recent rear end rebulid would not have gone as smoothly without many of the members help. It was like having a friendly mechanic in the garage with me. With so few RSV's in the UK, its great to be able to learn and appreciate the machine with the brotherhood that is VentureRider.Org.

Here's to you all

:bighug:

Just a suggestion,,,, oh ya, all that is said in the posts above is true, in case anybody was wondering,,,, but now back to the suggestion: could we create a Wing forum here. We seem to be getting quite a few Wing riders and it might be advantageous for them if Wing discussions were easily located under General Tech Talk, or Tech Articles. It would then show up in the watering hole as per usual so the Wing riders wouldn't feel as though they had it all to themselves. I know we tried a Harley forum all on it's own, and that didn't fly, but something encased into our present family might be a good thing.

Now I suppose I should post this under New Ideas?

Yes this place is great. I belong to other local sites but everyone there is doing their own thing. Yes there is those few on those sites that you just wish would go away. I have been around this site about 3 years quietly learning about my Venture. When I asked for help with my first "major" problem... taking my rear wheel off.... I posted at 10 pm and when I returned to my computer at 6 am to find a 3 page note on how to accompanied by photos I just could not believe it, and my wife was even more shocked.

This place is a family... This place is a way of life ...... These people here are good people.

Be proud everyone. :thumbsup2:

We are a wonderful bunch aren't we? And oh so modest as well. I have no idea about this :stirthepot: you speak of, I must not be responsible for any of that. You know me sweet and :innocent: as can be. I can be simply :2143: right Don. :whistling:

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Ok you can go back to the mushy stuff.

Margaret

This place is pretty cool

:)

Yea, either post it as a new idea or......look under the tech talk section and you'll find it where it has been for a few months now. :whistling:

Ya well me being me, I was looking for either Wings or Gold Wings or GW, but not anything starting with Honda! Who would have thought that once you became a VentureRider you would want to keep the Honda family name,,,,,, after all Marca took on my name when she 'joined' me!!! Just my bad I guess.

And, no!!!! I don't stir the pot either!!!:happy65::whistling: