IGNORED

Dynabeads, how much 4 each tire?

ken

I'm going to give Dynabeads a try when I put on my new rubber. Does any one know what the amount is that goes in each tire. What I've found so far is 1oz in the front and 2oz in the rear. Does this sound right.:fingers-crossed-emo

I'm going to give Dynabeads a try when I put on my new rubber. Does any one know what the amount is that goes in each tire. What I've found so far is 1oz in the front and 2oz in the rear. Does this sound right.:fingers-crossed-emo

Same amount in mine too.

Just an FYI, if you are looking to buy some of the ceramic beads, this fella

http://members.cox.net/tearitupfixitrepeat/ is/was selling them at $25 /pound. I purchaswed a pound of beads from him and tthey look to be as symetrical as the ones that I purchased from the supplier. I am planning on doing a rear tire change this winter/spring and just couldn't see myself trying to recover any /all of the beads for the new tire once I break the bead and for that kind of price, my tires changes should be covered for a while.

I looked at the website. Logic tells me its smoke and mirrors, but I hear you when ya say it works. I just cannot wrap my mind around this working. What keeps them from just all staying together? And how do they separate and a few go here, few go there, and yep it needs 10 balls over there??? :confused24: These beads are a replacement for a extremely complicated, computer controlled balancer placing a specific weight at an exact location to eliminate heavy spots??? Not that I cant be sold on the idea, but..............well................???????

Question, do you run wheel weights with the beads yes or no?

Well, I suppose you could...but, why? No, I pulled them old ugly things off right away. Now, it's much easier to clean and shine the wheel and they look gooder too! Haven't had a minutes trouble with 'em. I've had the old girl up to 90 several times and didn't feel the slightest bit of wobble or bounce.

Guest scarylarry

Thank you, I going to try them , this and other forums are split on them, well only way I'm going to know is try them and I will know..

Just like tires I ran E3's like them, now it is Avon's turn...

Guest scarylarry

Oh I wouldn't remove the tires for it, but then again you don't have to either and I figure for 20.00 bucks what the heck I'll gamble that...

Oh I wouldn't remove the tires for it, but then again you don't have to either and I figure for 20.00 bucks what the heck I'll gamble that...

My point is WHAT IF for some reason you dump these little fellors in through the valve stem, go for a ride and hate it......... cant dump them back out. Tire off, broke down, little beads removed at tire shop=$$$$$$

Guest scarylarry

True, but that would be the first that said they didn't like them..

Either you love them or you see no difference in the ride, but to say I hate them and want them out I have not heard that YET..

I have them and I cant tell the difference at all...????????

The tires seem to be ballanced but there is NOT a remarkable difference..

Eck, to me, that's kinda the whole point. A balanced tire is a balanced tire. And if I can get the tire balanced without having to go to the m/c shop and without having them ugly weights spoiling the look of the wheel, then I say why not?

If anyone is expecting to feel a huge difference between running beads and running lead weights, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. Unless of course your tires are already out of balance to the point it's noticeable.

There is a downside. You won't be able to use fix-a-flat or anything like it if you get a nail in the tire. The goo would prevent the beads from doing their job. I'd never use that stuff myself because it ruins the tire in my opinion. You can't ever put a patch on the inside again. It just won't stick.

scarylarry raised a good point and it was the one that convinced me to give the beads a try. I also saw a lot of negative posts regarding beads. But, then I realized that all the negatives were from people who'd never tried them. I never saw a negative post from someone who had used them.