IGNORED

Preperations to get to Freebird's MD

Flyinfool

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you are running out of time....so take 'em out of your sleeve and use 'em LOL :)

Yup, I sure is running out of time.

So much to do, so little time......

Decals are kind of low on the priority list so they may have to live up in that sleeve for a while.

This could be a wrinkle in the plans.

The boss has a FUBARed foot. (no it was not from kicking me in the a$$.......:duck:)

There is a whole hardware store in that foot now, with 4 broken toes, that have long pins almost to the ankle to hold all of the pieces lined up, and a few screws for good measure that will be permanent. She spent 4 hours in surgery getting all of the parts lined up.

The prognosis is for a full recovery. :fingers-crossed-emo

I'll have to see if she is going to be ambulatory enough to handle letting the dog out and taking care of herself with me gone for a weekend. It does not look good at the moment.

I really wanted to make it to my first MD.

#14 is now done.

I installed the KC HiLites Series 35 driving lights. The conversion to HID will have to wait till after MD. Just no time left.

These lights will help a lot toward finding the deer on the sides of the road at night.

I'm on a roll today.

Got the tent out and set it up.

Two of the loops for the ground stakes were ripped out.

Got it all sowed back together, better than new.

Yes I know how to sew, I even own my own sewing machine.

Nothing wrong with knowing how to sew....I also do my own sewing....when you put up the tent did you find that snickers bar you left in there 2 years ago? :whistling:

Nothing wrong with knowing how to sew....I also do my own sewing....when you put up the tent did you find that snickers bar you left in there 2 years ago? :whistling:

No snickers bar but there was a Babe Ruth bar, guess I need to camp closer to the PP ................

I got the new HH pads installed for the left front and rear brakes. Put HH on the right front last year.

WOW what a difference, This has alleviated my braking concerns with pulling the trailer.

Getting close to done with everything.

All that's left is to fab up a mount for the GPS, and fab up a cooler rack for the trailer.

I plan on pulling the trailer to work all of next week just to get used to having it back there.

I will have everything on my original list done in time to make it to MD.

Now it is just up to Mamas bum foot.

Well between mamas foot and my truck just blew up, :mo money: the trip to Freebirds MD this year will not happen. :crying:

I even had everything on the list finished just barely in time.

I guess that all I can do if hope for next year. :crying::crying::crying:

I was really looking forward to meeting a lot of you folks.:crying::crying:

Well I think I have most of the diagnostics done on the truck.

Fried fuel pump and fuel level sender.

Fried turn signal switch assembly.

Fried brake light switch.

Many many melted wires.

It looks like somewhere in that big 2 inch diameter wire harness there is a short between the brake light circuit and the fuel pump circuit that caused an overload to those circuits, after the fuse, so those wires started to melt and melt adjacent wires and it snowballed from there.

Looks like $500-600 in parts.

And at least a week of rewiring and replacing fried stuff. None of the fried components are easy to get to. Each of the fried components is a major project by itself.

It will take a miracle for me to get this all done, and get time to pack the bike for the trip, and implement my super secret plan for mamas foot (Shhhh... she don't know about it yet:duck:)

Well I think I have most of the diagnostics done on the truck.

Fried fuel pump and fuel level sender.

Fried turn signal switch assembly.

Fried brake light switch.

Many many melted wires.

It looks like somewhere in that big 2 inch diameter wire harness there is a short between the brake light circuit and the fuel pump circuit that caused an overload to those circuits, after the fuse, so those wires started to melt and melt adjacent wires and it snowballed from there.

Looks like $500-600 in parts.

And at least a week of rewiring and replacing fried stuff. None of the fried components are easy to get to. Each of the fried components is a major project by itself.

It will take a miracle for me to get this all done, and get time to pack the bike for the trip, and implement my super secret plan for mamas foot (Shhhh... she don't know about it yet:duck:)

Well hope you make it anyways. Sounds like you got your hands full. Sometimes when it rains, it pours. I know, because I have been there too. Hope to see you at Freebirds. Have a safe trip.

Fuzzy

You have worked way to hard to get ready for this trip....You can't just let it all go up in smoke (sorry about that.. no pun intended)... you need to pull a rabbit out of your hat now and make it all work out...would hate for you not to be there...besides we're suppose to share an ice cream together remember? well, I hope everything comes together for you. I know where your comming from, I've had my share of bad luck over the laat 6 months...Good Luck...:fnd_(16):