IGNORED

Antenna for XM Radio in ZUMO 550

StarRider07

Well this has me a little p!$$ed. One of the reasons I bought the Zumo 550 was because it has XM Radio (with subscription). Turns out, the only antenna they sell is for weather, traffic and radio and it is very expensive.

I just want a antenna for the XM radio. I can't find one anywhere. From what I can tell, the antenna hookup in the Zumo cradle is a special end. Seems while shopping around for an antenna, the ends are different for different brands of XM Radio's.

I was thinking about ordering only the cable from Garmin, buying a $30 antenna and splicing the Garmin cable to it.

Has anyone tried this? Is it possible?

Is there an antenna that will work on the Zumo for ONLY the XM Radio?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

Well this has me a little p!$$ed. One of the reasons I bought the Zumo 550 was because it has XM Radio (with subscription). Turns out, the only antenna they sell is for weather, traffic and radio and it is very expensive.

I just want a antenna for the XM radio. I can't find one anywhere. From what I can tell, the antenna hookup in the Zumo cradle is a special end. Seems while shopping around for an antenna, the ends are different for different brands of XM Radio's.

I was thinking about ordering only the cable from Garmin, buying a $30 antenna and splicing the Garmin cable to it.

Has anyone tried this? Is it possible?

Is there an antenna that will work on the Zumo for ONLY the XM Radio?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

" I was thinking about ordering only the cable from Garmin, buying a $30 antenna and splicing the Garmin cable to it.

Has anyone tried this? Is it possible?"

No the antenna for the Zumo IS the xm receiver and yes it s quite expensive. I do not understand why as you can buy a receiver for $19.00. I have a Roady 2 that I use for XM.