IGNORED

Did anyone like the half-time show?

Midrsv

Wasn't impressed either.

The only bright spot was Slash and then that wasn't all that great either.

How about Will.i.am re-writing the song with a political message for Obama. :Bunny:

Whoever scheduled this halftime show was a bigger blockhead than the blockheads that were dancing on stage!

Edited by gibvel

Actually I enjoyed the techno-creativity and the energy of the routine but other than that I didn't feel it was the best Super Bowl halftime entertainment they could have come up with. I honestly can't say it sucked, and I'm an old geezer myself. I'm just saying they could have come up with a better choice of groups to perform.

I definately agree with the comments about God Bless America and The National Anthem as they were some of the worst renditions I've ever heard.

Why can't they get someone that knows the words and can sing the anthem and not scream it ??? The girl from Glee did a fantastic job !! She should have sung the anthem !!!!

As for the half time show----used that time to "relieve" myself of the noise on the tube and dinner !!

Not sure how the marketing people figure out who the fans are that are there and also watching it at home. Most every year the halftime show is a waste. I have a suggestion to them go to a regular super bowl party and look at who attends. They also could do a show that would be good for every fan not just the 20 somethings or the Hollywood dummies

Personally, I like the Black Eye Peas - and Slash. I felt bad for them - whoever was running the sound board (whatever it is called) for me really screwed up by not miking them correctly, and then whatever the screw up was for the lighting on some of the "props". One might have thought they would have hired someone who knew the group / the words, or after all the rehearsals, would have known what was going on. But, at the end of a day, I can understand the comments here - given who the Super Bowl audience is, the Peas probably isn't at the top of the list of being a favorite group.

We resolved the whole problem of the "Half time show" by turning down the volume. I was holding our new Grandson and spent the evening with our daughter and her husband. I think really the saddest part was the amount of money that was spent for the show. Also the show was only directed to the younger crowd, of course when you think of it isn't all entertainment put on to please the youth.

I forget which playoff game it was, but they had a military choral group sing the National Anthem, and it was so beautiful it gave me chills.

The National Anthem is not a "soul" song, it should be sung with respect and the way it was written originally.:grandma:

Yama Mama

The $#^%&*+^%$#%#%$^#^^%&%$$$%@@$%# halftime show.And the ^$%$%$@#%$#$%&$&$^#%&$&$ way the hational anthem was sung really %$^&^*%*^%#*^%$$*&&$&^$ ticks me off.My preference is listining to the anthem sung by a man,with a couple exceptions.There was a couple ladies that did a fantastic job singing the anthem,but only a couple.Haven't watched a half time show in about 15 years.

I guess i always liked "Kid's" music. I remember when my folks hated my music when I was A KID I DECIDED TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND AND FEEL THE EVOLUTION OF THE SOUND THAT STARTED AS JAZZ AND BLUES, MOVED TO ROCK AND ROLL AND THEN BEYOND . BEP'S ARE A GREAT DANCE GROUP TOO. :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup2:

Wow, people do like to complain. Come on it was a great game, who cares if the half time show sucked? Life is great.

Yes the game was great,

Now if they could just have a decent singer singing the National Anthem correctly, get rid of commercials where guys are sucking other guys fingers and licking other guys pants, and maybe just maybe keep the whole production to 5 hours including game time, then maybe the Superbowl would be enjoyable again.

But who really cares, it is just a game.