IGNORED

BBC cock-up

Rockdoc

I give up, the only way I knew anything about the horrendous snow storm some of you guys are going through was from the threads on this site. Is this mega storm being reported by our trusted news service, the BBC, in the UK? No. Shame on you BBC.

Hope you're all doing OK during this. Those that know send our best.

The use of cock-up to mean a blunder or error was originally British military slang dating from the 1920s. The slang sense of cock clearly had a lot to do with its adoption, but this hasn’t stopped it being used in respectable publications, and modern British dictionaries mark it merely as informal or colloquial.

The use of cock-up to mean a blunder or error was originally British military slang dating from the 1920s. The slang sense of cock clearly had a lot to do with its adoption, but this hasn’t stopped it being used in respectable publications, and modern British dictionaries mark it merely as informal or colloquial.

Yeah, but we snicker over here in the U.S. LOL :banana:

The use of cock-up to mean a blunder or error.

Over here, it's only a blunder or error if they get knocked up.:bang head:

Oh, when it looks like this out....:doh:

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6e4ec64-45fb-30e7.jpg

I'll just ride the other VENTURE...:cool10:

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6e42571-02cf-cb8b.jpg

Actually, we're planning a weekend get away on it this weekend. We have a friend with a Bar and Motel about 120 miles away by trail, so we're going to ride up on Saturday, and come back Sunday. We do weekend getaways all summer on the other one, can't wait to do it in the winter too.

Later, Scooter Bob

A somewhat related joke:

Bob always wanted a pair of authentic cowboy boots, so, seeing some on sale, he bought them and wore them home.

Walking proudly, he sauntered into the kitchen and said to his wife, "Notice anything different about me?"

Margaret looked him over. "Nope."

Frustrated, Bob stormed off into the bathroom, undressed and walked back into the kitchen completely naked except for the boots.

Again he asked Margaret, a little louder this time, "Notice anything different NOW?"

Margaret looked up and said in her best deadpan, "Bob, what's different? It's hanging down today, it was hanging down yesterday, it'll be hanging down again tomorrow."

Furious, Bob yelled, "AND DO YOU KNOW WHY IT'S HANGING DOWN, MARGARET?"

"Nope. Not a clue", she replied.

"IT'S HANGING DOWN, BECAUSE IT'S LOOKING AT MY NEW BOOTS!!!!"

Without missing a beat Margaret replied, "Shoulda bought a hat, Bob. Shoulda bought a hat."

OOps! I did half think whether it was a word that might get rejected, sorry for the blunder. However, the point I was making is that here in the UK the BBC is always going on about how its such a fine 'world' service. So when we get naff stories about some celebrety promoting yet another book while the US gets the worst storm for over 50 years, I get a little hacked off. I even phoned my sister who reads the news on the BBC and even she did'nt know why they were'nt cover it.

Oh well just letting off a little steam, although am now really looking forward to getting into Wyoming this September.

:rotfl:

OOps! I did half think whether it was a word that might get rejected, sorry for the blunder. However, the point I was making is that here in the UK the BBC is always going on about how its such a fine 'world' service. So when we get naff stories about some celebrety promoting yet another book while the US gets the worst storm for over 50 years, I get a little hacked off. I even phoned my sister who reads the news on the BBC and even she did'nt know why they were'nt cover it.

Oh well just letting off a little steam, although am now really looking forward to getting into Wyoming this September.

:rotfl:

Don't feel so bad ... you could be barraged by news about what goes on in the USA like we do here in CanNuhDuh ... one sometimes thinks there's nothing happening in this country and we all live in igloos...:rotf:

Don't feel so bad ... you could be barraged by news about what goes on in the USA like we do here in CanNuhDuh ... one sometimes thinks there's nothing happening in this country and we all live in igloos...:rotf:

You Don't ? :stickpoke:

one sometimes thinks there's nothing happening in this country and we all live in igloos...:rotf:

WHAT YOU DON'T??????:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::D