IGNORED

50th Anniversary

finfan125

Hi everyone, my parents 50th wedding anniversary is in April and me my brother and sisters are at a loss as to what to get them. They have 4 kids 3 married 1 divorced (I had to be different) 7 grandkids 1 married and 1 great granddaughter who cries everytime she sees me.....must be the beard and long hair.....yeah thats it. I was thinking of something with all of our names and maybe birthstones or something along those lines. We are a very tight family and see each other almost weekly which is why I was thinking of something not only celebrating 50 years of putting up with each other but also celebrating the family that started with them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. By the way they do not wear jewelry.

Thanks

Mark

For my in-laws 50th we went to one of the nicer restaurants in town and reserved a banquet type room. Good lighting, big stone fireplace, and we had the room to ourselves. Discussed how we were on a budget, they came up with a menu to meet our needs. Scheduled this for like a Sunday brunch when they weren't to busy. Even printed my in-laws names and Happy 50th on the menus.

Than we got a bunch of pictures and scanned them and recorded Bon Jovi "It's My Life" and Alan Jackson's "Remember When" to the pictures and played on the lap top. Did a time line thing, first pictures of them dating and up through time to the present. My father in law actually cried a little, lol.

Had a cake, and all the family managed to get there. Good time.

Oh yeah, the place was City Range, cost was $15.00/pp, we had about 35 people attend.

Edited by SC89Venture

Maybe they'd like to spend the 50th on their own. Not that I don't think they like you all, but hey you only get to the 50th once.

Ok on a serious note how about setting up a renewal of their vows with a nice meal after. If you can't spend on a restaurant maybe at someone's home if the weather is nice enough could even be outside.

Margaret