IGNORED

Window tint film on wind screen?

Snaggletooth

Ok, I finally got around to replacing my original wind screen on my '84 with a new one from Cee Bailey. Got one 2" shorter than stock for a better line of sight over the screen. I've been using Plexus all the time to fight the swirls in the old one but after riding several of my friends bikes I really liked NOT seeing anything in front of me. I like clear. Now I have clear.

Ok, so what I'm up to is this. I'm cutting the old screen down, a lot, to be not much more that 6" to 8" higher than the top of the fairing. Real short for those really hot days on summer. Get a lil wind in the face kind of thing.

I want to try to apply the window tint film on the inside. I've done several cars and vans with the kits so I'm pretty handy with the stuff. And cutting it that short I get rid of the compound curve so that should make it pretty easy.

The question is......anybody know if there might be any weird reaction with the screen and the adhesive on the film? I've read the posts on the spray tints but want to try the film to make sure I keep an even appearance. My only concern with the film is keeping the edges bonded to the surface but that can be covered with some flexible trim along the top edge.

Thanks for any imput.

Mike