IGNORED

Great start

Black Owl

Guest Swifty

my first fews hours of 2011...

checked valve clearances

pulled stators on both motors and had a look see

transferred starter and thermostat to the new heart

ya, so far it's a perfect year, but unlike Owl my expectations were a little lower, I wasn't expecting organ music and flowers.

my first fews hours of 2011...

checked valve clearances

pulled stators on both motors and had a look see

transferred starter and thermostat to the new heart

ya, so far it's a perfect year, but unlike Owl my expectations were a little lower, I wasn't expecting organ music and flowers.

Hey by the way your going on that engine, you should have that done by suppertime.:fatsmiley:

well it started great for me. i dont want to jinx my self but for the first time in over a year. i woke up feeling prety damn good. saw the sun was out still cold as heck but its shinning. had lots of rain so the big pile of snow is gone. found $40 bucks just out side my door some poor soul must have lost it while walking back from the tavern.

got 2 emails saying im the next of kin for $8.5 million. so watch out im going to ebay and corner the market on first and second generation parts.

now if i can just get pepole to pay $125 for a single mirror plus shipping i can get my investment back in no time.

well i truly hope every one had a great New year.

Got up lost out on 84 parts bike(not where it was for sale)Looks like my luck hasn't changed as usual.then wife wanted to go out for breakfast tried several places and either closed or lined up should have waited in line as 4 breakfasts cost me $100 at upper class motel.Should have known better.

Lazy day here. 44 degrees has melted all the snow and left things wet and soggy. Raining off and on. Eileen and I spent New Years Eve at a place called Lyman's Harbor in Sandusky. Decent dinner followed by listening and dancing to a small band called Ron Howard and the Cruisers. Old Motown hits. They were a decent band and it was a fun time. Stayed at a hotel last night in Sandusky. Not far from home but didn't want to drive home after even a couple of drinks. I didn't drink much. They had a cash bar setup and the choices were terrible. I asked for an extra dirty vodka martini and she said "we only have Absolut vodka and no olives so will a lime be OK"? yuk....so I had about three beers and that was it for any drinking.

Got home about noon or so and caught up on about 300 emails. Eileen is taking a nap and I'm browsing the internet looking at reviews for mini guitar amps. Want something that I can take with me when I travel because I THINK I have a deal made on a decent semi-hollow body electric that I've been looking for.

So....easy day here. Not much to do and that's just fine with me.

Certainly wasn't looking good with major storms predicted and LOTS of rain however had a couple of buddies meet me and we drove over to the WAffle House for brunch. Drove in on wet roads with a few sprinkles and one All Star Special later we left to steady showers, lol. But we did get the ride in and that is all that counts, as a matter of fact with conditions such as they were it can only get better the remainder of '11. All the best ventureriders, see you out on the open road.

Norm

3:30pm and Im still in bed :big-grin-emoticon: Brad made me breakfast, brought it upstairs, and I didnt bother getting out, watched tv, went on the computer, better get up, going out tonight, hope everyone has a great new year, even Swifty :thumbsup2:Naugh-T

3:30pm and Im still in bed :big-grin-emoticon: Brad made me breakfast, brought it upstairs, and I didnt bother getting out, watched tv, went on the computer, better get up, going out tonight, hope everyone has a great new year, even Swifty :thumbsup2:Naugh-T

:crying: Tell Brad to knock that crap off. He's really making it tough on us guys that aren't trying....

:mytruck:

I got up this morning looked outside and said a few cuss words. waited till about 11 a.m. for the wind to die down. Then I proceeded to get the tractor and snowblower out to move snow for about 3 hours. Am running a little low on diesel fuel so I figured I can do more again tomorrow. I figure I only have about another 4 or 5 hours left.........But what do you expect when you get over a foot of snow with 40 plus mph winds. Welcome to 2011 South Dakota! :cold:

of 2011 we partied last night like old geezers with other old geezers in the 55+ trailer park and met the New Year. Drove the two blocks home to our place and the better half crapped out before 1:30. I watched the tube til 4:30 and fell asleep on the sofa. Up at 8:00 AM. the VR called me out to the shop and I finished puttin' the plastic back on. New tire etc. The weather was beautiful, over 75 by the afternooon. Went up to Davenport (Florida) and bought the wife some new shoes for her trip to Virginia to her girl friends. Stopped at Perkins and had a good breakfast and then a nice leisurely putt back home. The bike has been down for most of December for clutch work and a new rear tire, (waiting for parts) so although short, the ride was a nice break from the lousy weather we had the past three weeks.

Had a great Christmas here although a cold one, relatively speaking for Florida.

My sympathy goes out to the bretheren in the northern latitudes, but kudos to all of them that didn't let the weather stop them!

Hoping all of you have a great year.

Edited by Zane

Had a wonderful New Years day. From bringing in the new year on has been memorable. Linda fixed a delicious roast for lunch and then about 1:30pm we took off for Gatlinburg. We did drive in some rain, but it was a nice ride down, considering it was in the car. Gatlinburg was packed, but it was fun. We ate at Legend's and halfed a great meal while sitting by the fireplace. Visited some interesting stores and took some pictures of the lights. This was Linda's first time to see all the Christmas lights and that made it even more special for me.

Life is good.

RandyA

Got up this morning,,,,,, looked down and seen mother earth,,,,,,,yep,, that put me on top of the world,,,,,, but then I thought of those who might be looking at my feet,,, and I right away thought of Annie..............

You know the comment by now, and which part of your anatomy you can munch on ! :rasberry: