IGNORED

1500 Gold Wing glitch

Capn Quirk

• 2 weeks later...
I'd be doing a total clean up of the battery cables, ends and posts. Maybe even replace the ends, just to be sure.

I did that after the first incident. Wire wheeled them, wire brushed them, sanded some of them, coated all parts with di-electric grease and reassembled everything. I THOUGHT that did the trick. Two rides later it just plain ole quit, again.

I did that after the first incident. Wire wheeled them' date=' wire brushed them, sanded some of them, coated all parts with di-electric grease and reassembled everything. I THOUGHT that did the trick. Two rides later it just plain ole quit, again.[/quote']

Did you actually take the ends off of the cables, or did you assume that connection to be impervious?

• 2 weeks later...

Well there is no diff technically between the 98 and 97 I had the same problem. Solution open your main fuse pane/relay panel check your 30Amp relays I will bet that the one that runs the lights etc. will have burn marks on the posts. Just replace it. I kept several in the bike after that. Never had that problem again. They are about 32.00 a piece.

Good luck

Felix:D