IGNORED

Too many lowlifes out there

Guest ReinyRooster

First I would like to say HI Reiny, Sorry about your situation, I wish to give you the honor and respect required. Everyone on this forum, myself included sometimes get side-tracked. So that is first and formost. I am glad it was minor, and just a small bit of excitement!!

Now this gun thing......to use on or not use one......to carry one or not to carry one. I actually think it is best for most people not to carry one. Not because you are dumb or not responsible, but to actually use one...to take someones life, to not hesitate, well this takes a lot of self soul searching and commitment, and above all experience. It takes a lot of training also. To buy a handgun and go to one of these self defense courses and obtain your permit and start carrying one......well okay......that is good.....but that is only the tip of the iceberg. I have seen all kinds of comments on this forum...stuff like ......my permit is good in 37 states.......mine does this.......or this.......opinions as we are all so opinionated......have to be totally ignored. (I have a few too!) The most important thing about using a weapon for home or self defense is to learn the law. Learn it well. Study it, do not pay attention to an instructor....or me......or anyone......go learn it yourself....be very aware of it....all this stuff you hear......is total B$$$.

Yes to know what you can and cannot do.....under any circumstance.....is the most important thing you can ever learn if you choose to carry a weapon. That alone will cure most of the hesitation if the situation ever does arise that you would be required to defend yourself or a loved one. Then it takes a lot of practice and training......and training in evasive moves....to step sideways.......hide.....run!!!! Put the other party in the total offensive position.......then with the law on your side.......blow their A$$ a new one!!. This gun carry stuff........takes much more practice , training , learning......and self commitment, than any little simple gun course can teach you. You have to do this if you wish to carry a weapon. If you hesitate under the stress of a bad situation.......you have actually, maybe, made the situation more deadly for yourself. To carry a weapon has to be carefully thought out.........and in 9 out of 10 situations, simply left in your pocket. Respectfully......Kit

I totally agree with you.

Having a Weapon is one Thing, knowing to use it wisely and along the Law the next Thing, and be able to use it wisely in a dangerous Situation another.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooster,

Sorry to hear about your Brother, never a good thing.

To everyone else, I appreciate the thoughts about guns and whatnot. This is no place to be discussing it, we all know where these conversations lead....and were not going there.

I'm closing this thread, if you have any disputes with this action PM me and we will discuss it....Rooster best wishes to your brother.

Hello!

Where the hell did you drag that crap up?

A number of well known sayings comes to mind here, not the least being: "Clean up your own back yard first", "You gotta walk the walk before you can talk the talk" and "Check your facts - don't rely on bullsh1t!"

Our back yard is dirty but not as dirty as yours do a little research and you will see crime has gone up substantially sense your gun ban.http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=21902

http://www.cdnn.info/news/travel/t050417.html

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=78

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/06/27/1962900.htm

Reiny, so sorry to hear about your brother and im sure glad it wasnt worse. Hopefully they will catch the .............(add your own description) and send him away for life or maybe even take him down for good.

(slipped one in on ya Squid)