IGNORED

New Trailer Project

mmoffitt

This is my first "big" bike so I figured I need a trailer just to be official! I picked up this Harbor Freight trailer from a guy on CL for $100...Hopefully over the next several months I'll fix it up and customize it...If all goes well, I'll have a good trailer ready for the summer. My plans are to do something "different" and make it a truly custom trailer, not just throw car topper on it and call it good...we will see how much time I have...I'll keep everyone posted along the way if I can.

Suggestions and recommendations are always welcome. I have some ideas of the "look" I want, but if you have any neat ideas, throw them out, it might give me more ideas.

:dancefool:

Thanks for the idea dad. One idea that I had was to make it look like an old time supply wagon...the kind that would pulled by a horse when you went to town to get supplies...The idea is that I'd be pulling it with an "iron horse"...The idea would be a seat in front (cooler holder) and the top would be flat with but with a few fake shapes on top of it made to look look boxes, barrels and grain sacks... Not sure if I could do this and make it look good, but that was just one idea I was kicking around...

Guest tx2sturgis
Just throw a tarp over what you have now.. It'll work fine..:thumbsup2:

Great idea....except, leave off the tarp, add a lounge chair, suntan oil, margarita or 3, super hot chick in a bikini....yeah...great start on a trailer!

Great idea....except, leave off the tarp, add a lounge chair, suntan oil, margarita or 3, super hot chick in a bikini....yeah...great start on a trailer!

How about a mini hottub to go with that? Might have a little problem with the weight distribution of the water moving around...but those are the breaks...:big-grin-emoticon:

How about a mini hottub to go with that? Might have a little problem with the weight distribution of the water moving around...but those are the breaks...:big-grin-emoticon:

water could be a problem; id go with cherry jello and the 3 babe's and to keep the weight down best make the bikini optional

dang i gotta go before i get in any deeper:twing:

Wife already put the foot down on a BBQ...LOL:mugshot:

You mean she didn't like the idea of the BBQ but was OK with the women in bikinis and Jello idea? SWEET!

I'd go with lime Jello myself.

I went with a HF trailer also. Not the same as the one you have pictured but similar without the sides. I just bolt down a car-top cargo carrier to it and I'm on my way. I also added a longer tongue with a swivel to make things easier to hook/unhook when the bike is on its side-stand. I bolted the leaf springs below the axle so it sits a couple inches lower too. I was planning on ditching the extra leaf spring to save weight. I really don't think I'll be hauling around 870 lbs any time soon.

Bill

Edited by a1bummer